Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Windscreen Washers not working

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
Chreesy

Windscreen Washers not working

Post by Chreesy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:31 am

Hi guys,

Got an issue with the washers for the front windscreen just now, pump seems to be working still can hear it but only the right drivers side sprayer is trickling out not even hitting the window after I topped up the washers last week.

Noticed after I was giving it a good spray hoping the water would eventually come through that the water is coming out the top left hand side at the passenger end of the bonnet, I take it its blocked or the pipe has disconnected? Anyone had similar Issue before I start take the thing apart :?

snrbrtsn

Re: Windscreen Washers not working

Post by snrbrtsn » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:38 am

I’ve had the pipe you mention come off, it simply pushes back on
Normally caused by freezing washer jets

The washer tank filter is known to gunk up if mixed screenwash additive is used, s9metimes best to remove the pump and filter for cleaning

Chreesy

Re: Windscreen Washers not working

Post by Chreesy » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:51 am

Thanks, Ill have a look tonight, I take it I just remove the carpet/heat shield on the underside of the bonnet or did you access yours from the small circular caps that sit beneath each washer?

I seen that the tanks can get gunked up I'll have a look see if there is any grime and maybe add some alcohol to clean the pipes.