Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre recommendations.

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
charlie_bendall

Tyre recommendations.

Post by charlie_bendall » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:30 am

Hi I need to change all 4 tyres on my partners x3. I know all about tyre problems etc. I'm just after people's recommendations for which is best in terms or wear, performance etc. Obviously only Bmw approved tyres. Currently it has Pirelli scorpions fitted. Thanks

Osprey2

Re: Tyre recommendations.

Post by Osprey2 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:52 am

I have a F25 X3 (X-drive) and it's fitted with P7 RFT. I wouldn't recommend these are they are dire!! Still around 4mm rear and 5mm front and they are beginning to 'step' and make that wheel bearing type noise already. Same happened with the last set and similar depth. I hope there are some alternatives out there and I'll probably change over to non- RFTs with a kit in the boot :(

marti

Post by marti » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:30 am

I always go for Conti's and Verdstein both non runflat, never really had any issues.

rockwell

Post by rockwell » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm

I have Pirelli Scorpion STR 235/55/R17 all round My first set lasted well, unfortunately not the case with my current set.

I'm thinking of switching to Michelin Cross climate, not sure if they are star marked or not but probably not an issue as all four are the same.

rockwell

Post by rockwell » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:59 pm

rockwell wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:09 pm I have Pirelli Scorpion STR 235/55/R17 all round My first set lasted well, unfortunately not the case with my current set.

I'm thinking of switching to Michelin Cross climate, not sure if they are star marked or not but probably not an issue as all four are the same.
I'm receiving conflicting info on tyres for the above, a 2006 x3 with 235/55/R17 front and rear. Is there any reason why I shouldn't use premium all season tyres, even if they are not * marked and recommended by BMW? I'm being cautious as I have recently had the transfer case rebuilt and would prefer not to repeat the experience!