Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2007 E83 2.0 manual transfer case problems.

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
kkx5

Re: 2007 E83 2.0 manual transfer case problems.

Post by kkx5 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Some with 1mm on top of the clutch arm, some on top of the clutch plate . All came back with melted shims and bearings.

Minimankerry

Re: 2007 E83 2.0 manual transfer case problems.

Post by Minimankerry » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:27 pm

Hi kkx5, I hope you can help as I’m at my wits end with my daughters 2005 2.0d X3 se, it is very high mileage at 156000 & before we purchased it the garage had a s/h transfer case fitted, all was fine for about 5 months & then the normal 3 lights came on, so started my search for fixes other than a complete t/c replacement, first was actuator gear, stripped it down replaced gear but still came on, I should say that this issue is really intermittent, it will go for a few days without coming on & then pops up again, it will clear after switching on & off a few times, but it will come back, last thing that happened was Speedo stoped working, so stripped out nsr abs sensor & sure enough it was scored quite badly, the reluctance ring was not that corroded so cleaned it up thru the sensor hole, installed new sensor & spaced it slightly up away from ring just in case ring was slightly oval, put it all back together & drove off & lights came back on, also speedo is a bit whacky so think it might be slightly too far away from ring, will change for a thinner washer to see if that fixes it.
As this has not really fixed issue could it be dsc contol module under centre cup holder as I understand it takes input from all the wheel sensors to communicate with gearbox ecu.
We changed all four tyres within a week of getting the car, we could not afford star rated but got premium grade to ensure all same circumference.
Sorry for hijacking this thread with this great long post but I’m desperate £700-800 for a tc starts to get close to 1/3 of what car is worth, we could fit it ourselves & we have access to a professional sun code reader so programming is no issue.

Hope you can help.
Tom