Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Will a face lift bumper fit ??

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
Moley

Will a face lift bumper fit ??

Post by Moley » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:34 pm

Hello everyone, got a few questions for yous :P

The first one is would the facelift bumpers for the X3 fit on an older model as in a 54 plate sorry dont know the " E code that you guys say when talking about BMW's " still new to all that is BMW :? :? , with the not so nice looking black plastic ones :thumbsdown:

Also can you get a decent map done for the 3.0 L petrol sport , and what gains is there likely to be if any ??

Moley :driving: :driving:

Moley

Re: Will a face lift bumper fit ??

Post by Moley » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:14 pm

Nobody ??

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Are you talking about a face lifted first generation E83 or one off the new F25 model? I'm assuming the former.

I don't know whether a facelifted E83 (2007 onwards) would fit. It depends whether the underlying chassis mounting points for the bumper have moved. At the very least you need to have a look at Realoem and see whether the parts are physically different. The bonnets match in terms of part numbers, as do the front wings and front panel so you might be in luck. Probably the only way to be sure is to park both variants next to each other and compare fitting point for fitting point etc.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Moley

Post by Moley » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Thanks for the reply and yes its the 2007 onwards I was on about.
So if that one is a E83 what number is the one I've got ? Just so I know and I can then sound like I know what I'm on about . LOL

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:14 pm

The E83 is the X3 Mk1 with the facelifted version being called the E83 LCI. LCI stands for Life Cycle Impulse - facelift to the rest of us. :D
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Ranger 6

Post by Ranger 6 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:13 am

I think they changed the grilles so if you want to swap from an SE to an M-Sport then you need to look for a pre-facelift M-Sport bumper. The look is the same but AFAIK there are detail changes which could end up costing.
X3 3.0d M Sport