Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Anti tuning

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
Dunno

Anti tuning

Post by Dunno » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:08 pm

Trying to get my late e83 2009-2010 X3 20d xdrive remapped for some more torque to tow my caravan I  had somebody round from a company called Blackcode remapping international (Franchise) downloaded the file from the car and sent it off for a custom remap only to be told that after looking at it BMW have installed anti tuning software stopping a remap.
Has anyone else had any problems like this and is there a way around it without removing the ECU?

I have posted before on this forum but somehow forgotten my login info

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Anti tuning

Post by Horizon » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:40 pm

Not just BMW but all manufacturers started installing ECU' s that couldn't be remapped via the OBD2 port.
They have an incription  to prevent remapping .
These models can still be remapped ,  it involves the ECU being removed and opened up to bypass the incription .
But more costly
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

Pinewood

Post by Pinewood » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:54 am

Not sure where you are based, but Jason at “BM chiptune”  in Hayes, West London is very well regarded in the tuning of any BMW’s
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:26 pm

BMW ECUs will also report the remap when connected up at a BMW Dealership and overwrite the map back to that stored for the car against its VIN.  BMW will also walk away in the event it is still under their AUC scheme.

As said, this is now standard across most of the industry, and likely to be more difficult with newer models under incoming emissions legislation.

Jason is well worth contacting  :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Dunno

Re: Remap done

Post by Dunno » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:58 pm

Trying to get my late e83 2009-2010 X3 20d xdrive remapped for some more torque to tow my caravan I  had somebody round from a company called Blackcode remapping international (Franchise) downloaded the file from the car and sent it off for a custom remap only to be told that after looking at it BMW have installed anti tuning software stopping a remap.
Has anyone else had any problems like this and is there a way around it without removing the ECU?

I have posted before on this forum but somehow forgotten my login info.

Got the car remapped today nice extra power and great torque.
174bhp increased to 233bhp
258lb/ft to 327lb/ft. 443 Nm

Company called Celtic Tuning
so much for anti tuning software gives you the impression Black Code couldn’t do it.
Last edited by Dunno on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.