Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Wing mirror adjustment

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
X3si

Wing mirror adjustment

Post by X3si » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi could anyone help when I adjust my drivers mirror the passenger mirror moves aswell and when I move my switch to the left for the left mirror nothing moves , they fold no problem I have tried a new window mirror switch unit and it’s still the same . Any advise thanks

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Wing mirror adjustment

Post by Horizon » Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:21 pm

The window fold motor is not the same as the mirror glass adjusting motor Mechanism.
If you have changed the complete mirror assembly it could be a wiring fault between the controller and the mirror.
I've had a problem years ago with the multiplug between the drivers door and the body, due to water ingress corroding the contacts .
Sorry after reading your post again I see the two mirrors move when adjusting one mirror, a wiring short is even more likely a cause, worth pulling the door to body connection to investigate.
Last edited by Horizon on Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

X3si

Re: Wing mirror adjustment

Post by X3si » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:47 pm

[quote="Horizon"]
The window fold motor is not the same as the mirror glass adjusting motor Mechanism.
If you have changed the complete mirror assembly it could be a wiring fault between the controller and the mirror.
I've had a problem years ago with the multiplug between the drivers door and the body, due to water ingress corroding the contacts .
Sorry after reading your post again I see the two mirrors move when adjusting one mirror, a wiring short is even more likely a cause, worth pulling the door to body connection to investigate.
[/quote]
Thanks for the advice , Pulled the connector apart can’t see any obvious signs of corrosion or water apart from the very bottom 2 pins are not the same colour as the others , not sure what the 2 pins are too .