Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which pattern PDC sensors on a Facelift (LCI) E83?

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
derin100

Which pattern PDC sensors on a Facelift (LCI) E83?

Post by derin100 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:12 pm

I have two PDC sensors out on my newly acquired E83 3.0Si. One is a front inner and one is a rear inner.

I knew the system wasn't working when I bought the car and a local Indie (via diagnostics) has identified which ones.

I anticipated a relatively simple fix that I could do myself and for the front read the 'How to Guide' on this forum which seemed pretty straight-forward.

Unfortunately, on the LCI (face-lift) models, it appears it's a "front bumper off" job just to access them. I realised this after I tried several other ways of getting to the front inner one by various other means!  :(

So, I don't want to have to take the bumpers off completely just to see which shape/pattern I need for a face-lift E83 and then have to put it all together again, order the 2 sensors and then have take it all apart and put it back together once I've bought the 2 sensors.

I want to try to keep costs down rather than buying 2 sensors from the BMW Main-dealer.

So could any knowledgeable forum members confirm the correct type of sensors and are the same for both front and back ?

i.e. Are these the correct ones?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Front-Re ... 1438.l2649

Many thanks in advance!

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Which pattern PDC sensors on a Facelift (LCI) E83?

Post by Alan Gunn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:16 pm

Put the last 7 of your vin number in this site and it will show you every part in the car along with the all important "part number".
http://www.realoem.com

derin100

Re: Which pattern PDC sensors on a Facelift (LCI) E83?

Post by derin100 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:55 pm

Thanks Alan but I've already done that...I use realoem a lot as I own 7 BMWs (until this morning it was 8!) but it's not clear on there and also it lists the parts by generic drawings (which cannot be relied upon as accurate representations)...and also by pre-painted colours...so it's not a realiable resource for this sort of thing and especially if you are trying to avoid the Main-Stealers.
Last edited by derin100 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.