Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

advice

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

advice

Post by shadrack » Wed May 23, 2012 12:06 pm

As many will know I've an x5 but my girlfriend has a temporary e36 coupe, but with the weeks now counting down rapidly to a child we need a newer car rapidly, looked at e9091,m3s (not so practical) anyway last nite spotted some 05 x3 2.0ds at 6k less than half the price of my x5, I'm thinking they can't be as much to go wrong no air sus, manual gearbox good economy, room for a little one, etc is there a down side or are they as they look same age half price and far less to go wrong?
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

mattchubb1

Re: advice

Post by mattchubb1 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:47 pm

well.... i've own'ed an x3 3.0d, e91, and now x3 2.0d...... so heres my thoughts...

The x3 3.0d sport was lovely! quick when you needed it - however just a little bit thristy with my wifes driving around town for 80% of its life... it was great... we had one little one at the time, and thought an e91 320d m sport would do the job nicely as a replacement... it was nice - felt quick etc.. but was really quite a bit smaller than the x3, and with number 2 on the way the wife wanted to go back to the x3 just for space and ease of getting the 3 year old and new born in and out of - and it makes such a difference doing that in the x3 - also for the odd occasion when you need to change the odd nappy in the boot - the x3 being a bit higher was very useful!

admitidlty our current x3 2.0d msport has got leather and the body coloured bumpers that wife insisted on.... but i do miss the heated seats!

We definetly found the e91 just too small....