Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

LPG on different engines

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Paulpen

Re: LPG on different engines

Post by Paulpen » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:58 pm

I do know what you mean :wink:

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Bit late replying to this, but I have an N62 4.8is and had it converted some 8 years ago. I had the Prins system fitted as at the time it was one of the better systems out there. Fitment was straight forward and I've got a 90litre tank in the spare wheel well.

It's been brilliant and only on one occasion has had a slight hiccup. Think I was on about 102k miles when it was fitted and it's now on 167k.

I personally would go with a 4.8is as it'll have decent options fitted and has the arch extensions, etc. Only niggle will be the full air suspension as it can be problematic however most will have had replacement or repaired components and there's options and cheaper fixes out there.

I genuinely wouldn't go with one that has an LPG conversion specifically (if you find more without) as with only doing 15 miles a week I very much doubt it'll kick in much as it has to get up to temp for the switch over to take place. And the saving will be very negligible.

Paulpen

Post by Paulpen » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks for the input raj :thumbsup:

Good to know that it can be done but like you say with my miles its not the big deal breaker that it would be to those planning on using daily and doing more miles :)