Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Doors

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Doors

Post by henrym3 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 pm

I have stripped the 4 doors I bought, an interesting exercise getting all the trim off without damage to the trim. Well only minor damage. I now have 4 spare of nearly everything including glass. Interesting to note on these 13 year old doors that there isn’t a sign of rust anywhere. It seems such a shame to weigh them in at the scrappy. I haven’t decided yet whether to fit the rear sun blinds as I would need to bore some more holes to accommodate the extra speakers my vehicle has and these rear doors didn’t have air bags. Not sure if it’s because the blinds restrict room, I’ll see wen I remove my door cards
E53 X5 4.6is, Carbon Black, LPG, Paddle Shift, Dynavin N6, Lowered, 22"Wheels, Side Bars. Perfusion Exhaust
E30 M3 Black, S50B32 Engine, 6 Speed Box, Ireland Engineering ARBs & Big Brake Conversion, Lowered, 18"LMs, CF CAI, CF Splitter & Barge Board, ZM3 Quad Exhaust.
VW R32 Gone