Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

mot

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
lezmtaylor

mot

Post by lezmtaylor » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:11 am

My  2002 4.4 E53 with 95,500 was in for mot yesterday (Friday) sailed through with no advisories, only comment was '' very nice car''.
I find it as stressful as an expectant father, waiting for the results !!!

Lez
2002. 4.4lpg,ledAE's,Xenons,paddleshift,compass mirror,inst rings,led int lights,rear camera,crystal tailights,eisenmann road exh,Schnitzer pedals,chrome indicators,colour co-ord headlamps & bonnet grilles,hualigim entertainment system.dash and rearcamera,comfort seats.hud,bull bars,engine instalube

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: mot

Post by X5Sport » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:25 am

Well Done!  :D

My X6 did the same on Wednesday, and had a full oil & filter service done at the same time.  £90 labour, £300 in parts and VAT.  Filters in these beasts are pricey(and there are lots of them)!  Need to stick with OEM equivalent parts because of the warranty, but not paying £220/hr for labour.

Job done by local Indy in Bradwell, Milton Keynes - https://www.autowerxbmw.co.uk
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

marti

Post by marti » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:33 am

Same here....X6 went straight through on Tuesday (1st mot in my ownership).....hope it beats my e53 record of 11yrs straight through with no ads :)

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:09 pm

Mine failed on Wednesday passed yesterday after a new rear flexible brake pipe.(the steel bit burst on the ramp)
No other advisories  8)

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:45 pm

That's the best place for it to burst Alan ,rather than out on the road  :) Once you have an older luxury car an Mot is a worrying experience as if anything fails its likely to be expensive !

Rick G

Post by Rick G » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:46 pm

[quote="lezmtaylor"]
My  2002 4.4 E53 with 95,500 was in for mot yesterday (Friday) sailed through with no advisories, only comment was '' very nice car''.
I find it as stressful as an expectant father, waiting for the results !!!

Lez
[/quote]
I know what you mean about stressful. In Queensland we don't have any sort of inspection each year but New South Wales does have a Roadworthy inspection each year and once the hole inspecting picked on a small area on one door that was undercoated after a rust repair about 6 inches square (done properly) and would not pass it until it was painted the right colour. One other time the bugger used a stopwatch to time the indicator and one side winked two times more on one side than the other. Real petty stuff.
Some times I think they do special night classes just to learn how to be a p...k.
2004 X5 4.4l
If every thing seems to be under control then you aint goin fast enough.  Mario Andretti