Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre Pressure Warning thingy wont go off

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
X5-D-Sport
Snr Member
Snr Member

Tyre Pressure Warning thingy wont go off

Post by X5-D-Sport » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi People - 2004 E53 D-Sport vehicle.

I have a warning icon on the instrument panel - tyre profile shape with Exclamation mark in middle lit in RED.
This lit up a mile after blowing the tyres up to 33psi all round the other day - like I do every couple of weeks to check.

I have tried using the service reset OBD tool, but cannot clear it.

The ABS works as it should & proved this the other day on shallow mud...

Any clues as to WHY this is illuminated even after 1200 miles.... and how do I clear it plz ?

Regards
Grant B

marti

Re: Tyre Pressure Warning thingy wont go off

Post by marti » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Press the button in the centre console with the same symbol on, where your PDC , hill decent and heated seat buttons are it will or should turn amber and then after driven a short distance should go off.....why 33psi alround mine were different front to back...why does it come on??...because one of your tyres is losing pressure.

X5-D-Sport
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Tyre Pressure Warning thingy wont go off

Post by X5-D-Sport » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:39 pm

I had a replacement set of tyres - I have matching rear rims all round, & was thinking one of the old tyres was about 5psi low & this changed the rolling diameter possibly, as the tyres were blown up to 33 after change... as this is the pressure I normally run on all 4 tyres, & allows it to run without uneven wear on fronts or rears.
I get about 15k+ motorway driving out of a set, & some times swap fronts to rears occasionally to keep them wearing perfectly evenly.

I am presuming the gentle pressure drop on one tyre was ignored by the car, but when that suddenly changed by additional 5psi when tyres changed, that nudged the computer into reacting maybe ?