Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Tyre Pressure Sensors

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by henrym3 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Anyone know of any after market sensors that work with the origional module. Will be getting some new tyres in a couple of months so thought I might fit some.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by X5Sport » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:06 pm

First thought would be to check Realoem for the right part numbers and then search the usual tinternet selling places for non-BMW badged equivalents. There certainly are alternatives offered by the OEMs that BMW use, and cheaper :)

I’m trying to get a set of winter tyres for the F46 and they need the latest gen sensors. I’m not paying BMW £2k for a set of wheels, tyres and sensors, when I can get them for about 1/2 that or less.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by henrym3 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:50 pm

Followed your suggestion and about £40 per corner which is way less than half price to BMW. Says the system has to relearn potentially over a 100 mile period. Plus a reset. Can’t read my user handbook atm because BMW have had the vehicle for two days sorting the air bag issue. Will read hand book when I get it back. Presumably the module and antenna are located on the vehicle somewhere. Would be taking a bit of a risk that all the other stuff is working. Every 2 to 3 months I get the RDC system inactive message on the OBC but am able to programme that out with the stalk and RDC button.
Got a 118i while mine is in. Very " girlie " everything is so light.