Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Alarm "beep"

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
weirdfish

Alarm "beep"

Post by weirdfish » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:48 pm

Noticed a few things since owning the beast, when I set the alarm there is no audible beep, just indicators flashing, is this something that's been coded out, or do the E53 4.6's not "beep".
The tyre control innactive message comes up when I switch the ignition off, I assume the previous owner has had standard valves fitted when tyres have been changed, or basically the sensors, if still fitted, are not working, is this something that can be removed, or do I just have to keep ignoring it.
Also noticed that the seat belt alarm didn't come on when my partner removed her seat belt as we were approaching home the other day, ( yes she was told off ), again, is this something that's possibly been removed by a previous owner.

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Alarm "beep"

Post by Alan Gunn » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:13 pm

Don't know about the sensors but the beep can be turned on with PA Soft 1.4.0 but i believe it is against the law to have it lol (i turned it on in my e53)..
Last edited by Alan Gunn on Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

marti

Post by marti » Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:30 pm

Alarm beep is turned off as has been said illegal, my e53 didnt have the sensors in the wheel it works off the wheel speed sensor....as for the seat belt it will probably be the seat occupancy sensor at fault....

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:52 pm

marti wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:30 pm Alarm beep is turned off as has been said illegal, my e53 didnt have the sensors in the wheel it works off the wheel speed sensor....as for the seat belt it will probably be the seat occupancy sensor at fault....
Illegal? How does that work.

marti

Post by marti » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:13 am

weirdfish wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:52 pm
marti wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:30 pm Alarm beep is turned off as has been said illegal, my e53 didnt have the sensors in the wheel it works off the wheel speed sensor....as for the seat belt it will probably be the seat occupancy sensor at fault....
Illegal? How does that work.
Like all these silly little laws....disturbance of the peace I presume?

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:37 pm

Mine doesn’t beep either, wheel/tyre sensors are probably getting to the age where the batteries are starting to fail. I’ve just replaced my tyre pressure sensors with new aftermarket but wouldn’t be a very economical option unless replacing tyres. Surely a decent diagnostics will tell you which one is faulty. Can’t help on the seatbelt issue as I swapped the drivers and passenger seat bottom years ago to even out the bolster wear.

weirdfish

Post by weirdfish » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:20 pm

I even unclipped my own belt today whilst driving just to see what happened, nowt.

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:52 pm

I think the Americans have cornered the market for beeps and bongs on cars