Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X5 is gone

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
jeegnesh

X5 is gone

Post by jeegnesh » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:25 pm

I know I have not been on here that much, probably due to the demise of my e53 I think I lost interest - it pretty much always worked however. So last 2-3 years the missus has been crying to change the car, her list of issues just grew longer, at the point I traded in:-

Airbag Light constant on (been looked at many times, unknown)
Passenger door carrier gone (Already replaced all 4 of them once)
The ICE screen had stripes on it and would turn on/off as it felt
The drive was awful and the general rattling was horrible
The lurch - always been there, but just unpleasant
... (I got bored but the list just goes on and on)

Moved over to a high mileage Lexus RX450h I would have preferred to stick with the next gen x5 but its was wife's choice this time. Proper Grandad drive :oops: but lots of toys inside to keep me happy.

Just wanted to say thanks for all the advice over the last 10 years, hopefully be back one day.

FYI - Gonna list a few bits I stripped before trade-in - Intravee, KCA-520, Custom sub box for rear side panel with 8" focal and MTX amp and a detachable tow bar, but just the detachable bit.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: X5 is gone

Post by X5Sport » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 pm

What’s Sanj going to do with all the spare time :D

He’s not been seen much recently either.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:45 pm

X5Sport wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 pm What’s Sanj going to do with all the spare time :D

He's currently reading the Lexus manual, so he is prepared when I call him :-). Dashcam is the first project.

Although I should let him breath easy and tell him that is has electric folding mirrors and reverse cameras, plus the stereo is quite decent. Although I do need a towbar :D

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:47 am

:D :rofl: :rofl: :fuelfire:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am

Hiya Jeeg, sorry to see you are leaving us, but do let us know how the opposition performs, just reached 76 and fear my scrabbling under cars is reaching an end, also doing less than 4000 miles a year, and the old forum is not what it was like 4 years ago (and last update did not help either).
Any way all the best, Lez.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:40 pm

X5Sport wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:36 pm What’s Sanj going to do with all the spare time :D

I'm still about Gents! Been quiet my end too, car is still running strong, over 12 years of ownership now. Think I'll change over in a few years time - not sure to what.

What with the scare stories of owning diesel vehicles, electric cars getting more and more available and then the question of petrol hybrid, diesel hybrid or plugin hybrid....

Hope all are well. Now the rest up for a bit before he starts knocking on my door for that towbar!

Sanj

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:29 pm

Sanj wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:40 pm

I'm still about Gents! Been quiet my end too, car is still running strong, over 12 years of ownership now. Think I'll change over in a few years time - not sure to what.

What with the scare stories of owning diesel vehicles, electric cars getting more and more available and then the question of petrol hybrid, diesel hybrid or plugin hybrid....

Hope all are well. Now the rest up for a bit before he starts knocking on my door for that towbar!

Sanj
Dude the money they want for a tower fitted, it's insane. I found a PDF fitting manual :poke:

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:38 pm

lezmtaylor wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am Hiya Jeeg, sorry to see you are leaving us, but do let us know how the opposition performs, just reached 76 and fear my scrabbling under cars is reaching an end, also doing less than 4000 miles a year, and the old forum is not what it was like 4 years ago (and last update did not help either).
Any way all the best, Lez.
Can't really give you any long term ownership thoughts, but first impression coming out of my very bad condition X (bad example), OMG :? I have heard its called a grandad car, but the drive and experience definetly is luxurious gotta say I'm loving being grandad right now. The only negative so far is that fitting a towbar is expensive (standard), the interface on the screen looks a little dated.