Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Light clusters

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Themoog2

Light clusters

Post by Themoog2 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:45 am

I have friend who has an X6. The indicatior lights are orange as opposed to clear with an orange bulb and it looks really cool.
Ive seen some of the rear lights for an E53 on ebay that are orange.
Are these from a different country market other than the UK?

marti

Re: Light clusters

Post by marti » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:54 am

Its to do with prefacelift and facelift models, you can also tick the box when new for clear incicators.

wpoll

Post by wpoll » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:10 am

That and the fact USA market cars use all orange signal (indicator) lenses... :thumbsup:

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:43 am

No disrespect to anyone intended, but this sort of thread always amuses me. :D Let me explain...........

When I worked in the parts side of the motor trade, 20-odd years ago, all cars in the UK were supplied new with amber lenses. There was a huuuge demand for aftermarket clear lenses and amber bulbs. The car manufacturers got wise to this and started making cars with clear lenses. Now people want to ditch the clear lenses their cars come with for amber ones. :rofl:
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:02 pm

I've fitted chrome bubs to my front indicators and clear lens, and chrome bulbs to the rear.( E53 2002 4.4)

Lez

marti

Post by marti » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 pm

StuBeeDoo wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:43 am No disrespect to anyone intended, but this sort of thread always amuses me. :D Let me explain...........

When I worked in the parts side of the motor trade, 20-odd years ago, all cars in the UK were supplied new with amber lenses. There was a huuuge demand for aftermarket clear lenses and amber bulbs. The car manufacturers got wise to this and started making cars with clear lenses. Now people want to ditch the clear lenses their cars come with for amber ones. :rofl:
Excellent! :rofl: :rofl: