Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

help needed aftermarket radio

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
telthebull

help needed aftermarket radio

Post by telthebull » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:47 am

Hi all i have bought a erisan aftermarket radio https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273628226942?ul_noapp=true along with the 6m radio harness, everything works fine except there is no sound, after contacting the supplier they have asked for the cars original radio wiring diagram, this is the example they say it should look like
https://workupload.com/file/zcapXnE

car- x5 e53 2004 radio/sat nav with dsp
any idea's ive searched net but not really sure what im looking at
please help

sleepyfolk

Re: help needed aftermarket radio

Post by sleepyfolk » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:32 pm

This is my theory:

In the description for that stereo it does say “if your car has digital sound you will need to modify speaker wires”

Your car has DSP a you say which means there is a DSP amp running the speakers, this amp needs a signal from the original head unit every 15 seconds I think from memory along the I-Bus to tell the amp it is still required to stay powered up and issue forth sound.

As the Eisin unit does not integrate with DSP it is not telling the amp to switch on and you have no sound.

When I had my Alpine unit fitted, the stereo geeks put in 2 x active crossovers and a small amp to power up the twin factory fitted subs (don’t know if you’ve got those but they are in the boot on the right behind the panel if you have).

On the Alpine I have full sound control of the subs, and the level of crossover, front to rear etc so I could set it up as I fancy, I did a lot of research and decided that unless you are more than a little competent it is unwise to start messing with all the speaker signal wires.

Crossovers and fitting etc was about £300 ish I think

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:26 pm

I’m not completely sure but you can easily try. Plug in your MID and that may send the signal to the DSP. If that works you can put the MID in the glovebox

wpoll

Post by wpoll » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:12 am