Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

x5 faults

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
arcon5

x5 faults

Post by arcon5 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:44 am

Anybody know anything about this code

P1E25 speed sensor monitoring shaft sensor

So is it cam or crank sensor related.... or something else. And is it meaningful or just one of those that pop up when battery dies.

Combined with
P1195 rail pressure control valve

Vehicle cranks but doesn't start. Rail pressure only hitting 60 for desired 300 ish on crank

Also had a second error that's disappeared, something like pressure on crank low.

Now it points to fuelling fault. But I know before I took it on, the head was replaced. It drove afterwards but after a few loops cut out. Dash saying fuel syst. Error.

So either completely bad luck and it is fuelling related or something has gone wrong on putting it back together.... hence why I'm asking about the above code. BUT if it was linked to the head, surely pressure would still build up, just the ecu wouldn't fire and flag a sync related code..

Also, did bmw include a way of checking timing without significant dismantling?

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: x5 faults

Post by Leslie » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:00 am

If it's cam sensor it should still start but take a few goes ,crank it won't start generally . If you can read you own codes unplug cam sensor and see if code is the same or a new code appears.