Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Which Aftermarket Manufacturers Offer Quality & V.F.M.

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
shy7g

Which Aftermarket Manufacturers Offer Quality & V.F.M.

Post by shy7g » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:27 pm

Which Aftermarket Manufacturers offer Quality and Value For Money
Okay we all would like to replace parts on our vehicles with the genuine OEM parts every time, but as life is we can't sometimes justify purchasing these premium priced parts and have to settle for the aftermarket one's instead at a far cheaper price. So as there are so many very good quality aftermarket manufacturers out there, there's also "ODEAR!! I shouldn't have bought that in the first place, it was far to cheap to be true", very poor quality manufacturers parts also :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

So my question is this: which aftermarket parts manufactures provide very good quality parts, ie Lemförder, Meyle Spark, Moog, Metzger,Tedgum, just to name a few.
your recommendations, thoughts and experiences will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks
RIch

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Which Aftermarket Manufacturers Offer Quality & V.F.M.

Post by X5Sport » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm

I use Mann filters (oil, fuel, climate), plus Pagid for brake parts. I believe both are OEM just without the roundel badge and consequent price hike. Beru for the glowplug controller - again OEM without the gouge.

Wiper blade replacements have been Valeo
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

shy7g

Post by shy7g » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:12 pm

X5Sport wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:01 pm I use Mann filters (oil, fuel, climate), plus Pagid for brake parts. I believe both are OEM just without the roundel badge and consequent price hike. Beru for the glowplug controller - again OEM without the gouge.

Wiper blade replacements have been Valeo
Any recommendations when it comes to Suspension parts and bushes, (cause looking around for all the rear end parts)?

Greydog

Post by Greydog » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:17 am

I used a mix Lemforder and Meyle HD Bushes Plus Polbushes (rear sub frame mounts) when I rebuilt the suspension at 75k as the OEM bushes were starting to go all over the car. Now on 153k and still sound so I would say no worse than OEM and less than a 1/3rd of the OEM cost when I brought them. I have 4 wheel alignment checked at Service MOT time with no adjustment required last 3 years.
I made my own bush removal tools using scrounged material from a local fabrication company, I even changed the Diff mounting bush which would be easier with the sub frame out. One of those jobs where tea was not strong enough.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:38 pm

shy7g wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:12 pm

Any recommendations when it comes to Suspension parts and bushes, (cause looking around for all the rear end parts)?
Meyle HD for bushes/arms etc I've tended to use.

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 pm

As mine is a keeper I poly bushed the whole suspension. Some purple but a lot supplied black. Worked on the principle that in a few years I’ll be to old and knackered to do that stuff again myself. Took the sub frame off and blasted, powder coated, new bushes. Rides great. Expensive though.
I also use febi/bilstein stuff which I’ve been happy with.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:43 pm

I haven't yet had to have any bushes replaced on the F25, but on the E46 I had poly bushes on the front plus the diff mounts to the rear subframe, and Meyle HD for the rear subframe-body and all the rear arms.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

shy7g

Post by shy7g » Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Hi All
has anyone purchased goods from www.bmwautoparts.net
Company Details:
JSC "Krasta Auto Vilnius"
Company code: 302693894
Ozo g. 10A, 08200, Vilnius
Lithuania
there pricing are very good but not sure though if customs will allow goods straight through cause of the dreaded VAT ( :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: )