Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New X5 Msport seats

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Kevo71

New X5 Msport seats

Post by Kevo71 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:28 am

Hi folks,

Just ordered a new X5 M sport 45e. Had a 24 hour test drive and the car I had was fitted with the comfort pack, with the comfort seats. Seats were super comfortable, but had not considered that ordering these seats was "necessary" until now.

Does anyone have any good / bad experience of the standard seats on the M Sport car?

I've got a long wait for this car (6 months I have been warned) and it won't go into production for a while, so I have got time to change my order specification.

Thanks.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: New X5 Msport seats

Post by sapphireblack » Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:18 am

I have no experience of the current model seats, but what i can say based on older models is, comfort seats are just that, lots of adjustment for a perfect fit. Sport seats have higher side bolsters on the base and over time the outer one becomes squashed, saggy and generally scruffy looking.

If you change your car from new every few years that is unlikely to be of concern. The comfort seat is superior in every way though, imo of course.