Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

MOT

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

MOT

Post by henrym3 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:23 pm

Got it done today, pass no advisories. Why was I nervous, because it’s cold and wet and apart from checking lights wipers etc it was to wet and cold to creep about and look and check things. Might get it done again in the summer so that I can do all my creeping, pulling and tugging before it goes in.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MOT

Post by X5Sport » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:50 pm

I had mine done a couple of weeks back. No issues this time around. It’s good to know it passed :D
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:44 am

Mine was done 3 weeks ago too.
Nice to get them through with no advisories and mine is just turned 18 but it won't be going to any pub lol.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:18 am

henrym3 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:23 pmMight get it done again in the summer so that I can do all my creeping, pulling and tugging before it goes in.
If I buy a car with a "winter MOT" I bring them forward. When I bought the F25 it was due at the end of February - it's now the end of October.
Wifey's last Citroen was the beginning of February, but she wouldn't let me bring it forward simply because she likes to think she's getting her money's worth. That one was a nightmare - IIRC it failed every year she owned it and she ended-up paying the garage to repair stuff I would have done myself had the weather been warmer and days not so short.
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)