Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SCR / Posh Leathers / KG & Raj Overhaul of the 4.8

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
UrbanFlow

Re: SCR / Posh Leathers / KG & Raj Overhaul of the 4.8

Post by UrbanFlow » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Just got back from a short break hoping to catch up on all the new pics... what's happened dude?!
Current Rides:
2007 Black X5 E70 3.0D SE - 7 Seater, Dynamic & Media Packs
1975 MGB Roadster with Rover SD1 V8 conversion, Offenhauser Manifold & Holley Carb - Straight lines only.
2005 Honda Hornet with Akrapovich zorst & other odds n sods.

Previous Ride:
2003 Silver 3.0i Sport E53 X5

B1G JV

Post by B1G JV » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:21 pm

I've only just seen this post for the first time :O all the posts were while i was on a 3 week holiday so this is the first time I've cast my eyes over this fantabulous work! Raj, well done! very well done :D

Finished pics are awaited with baited breath!

I now want to mod the sh1t out my cars...oh the need to be living in the same place as my cars is now more apparent than ever!! :cry:

I like the black RB's, because they're different! they're bold! they're..well......black!!

As for the comments on the blue centre seat section, the E39 M5 Le Mans had an option for the blue centre section, i looked at a few before buying my Le Mans M5 and they were too much! looked Chav IMO..............so well done on the blue stitching, looks perfect! I say perrrrfect!!!

I want to see the finished touch! :D

You need to get out there and :driving: the beast :thumbsup:
Current: E53 Facelift 3.0d Sport Exclusive, Sterling Grey/Black Nappa Leather, comms, 20"'s, heated steering wheel :p just remapped by Jason @BW Chiptune.
(Previous X5 4.4i Sport, Black/Black, comms, 20" 168's)
Also: E31 840Ci
Previous: 911, M5, 540, RR, 30ish BMW's

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Hi all. Sorry for no further updates. I mentioned had a few problems with getting the brakes bled due to air trapped in the system when I first went down a couple of weeks ago to pick her up. I ended up leaving my camera, etc in London so couldn't provide any further pics. Well our very own Jason from BWChiptune sorted the brakes last Tuesday and I finally picked her up after another extremely long day. I replaced a knackered rear ball joint, got a 4 wheel alignment sorted and picked up my now sorted doorcards from Chris.

It's chucked it down with rain so the motor is a state already...? but will post up more pics later this evening.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:23 pm

Sorry couldn't ask on texts mate - busy with kids/family/life cr@p... :x

COME ON!!! PICS, PICS, PICS!!!! :drool:

Hope all sorted now. :thumbsup:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:10 pm

No worries bro. Will get some pics up ASAP. Just on the iPhone as my wife is using the laptop... :roll:

All sorted now though, well apart from one or two very minor items..lo

Already in discussions regarding the next stage.... :D

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:42 pm

Well still no final pics as unfortunately it was a reallllllllly long day sorting the rear ball joint picking up interior, final running around, etc and I didn't still have the camera till late.

So, I've got some more progress pics for now from the first visit to get her back 2 weeks ago. Also she is dirty again after the drive back and no garage to wash her in yet....

Unfortunately after quite some time of trying to bleed the brakes we had to give up as there was air trapped in the system which needed the pressure system and diagnostics laptop to be able to open the valves. So in came our very own Jason from BWChiptune to sort it:

Once she is washed and waxed I will get some completed pics...... <!-- s8-) -->8-)<!-- s8-) -->
Last edited by Raj on Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:00 pm

Good additions mate...

Has Jason managed to surgically remove the headset from his ear yet? He is the Don on this BMW malarkey!

If you read this Jason - GOOD LUCK in ASIA this next month. Pics as you promised! Bet he doesn't read this, he always goes to the performance section! :poke:

@Raj, did Jason sort it? :D

And you're well overdue updated pics man - you're like a women (keeping me hanging on)! :headbang: Ahem...
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]Good additions mate...

Has Jason managed to surgically remove the headset from his ear yet? He is the Don on this BMW malarkey!

If you read this Jason - GOOD LUCK in ASIA this next month. Pics as you promised! Bet he doesn't read this, he always goes to the performance section! :poke:

@Raj, did Jason sort it? :D

And you're well overdue updated pics man - you're like a women (keeping me hanging on)! :headbang: Ahem...[/quote]

PMSL. Yep, Jason did sort it. My wife has been using the laptop for the last few evenings applying for jobs.... :D

Minda

Post by Minda » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Looking good!
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB

petert

Post by petert » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:46 am

I like the blue stitching on the cream leather - very nice.
Peter T
2010 E70 35D vermilion red, beige leather, Sport, Technology and Executive packages plus running boards.

wilkoturbo

SCR / Posh Leathers / KG & Raj Overhaul of the 4.8

Post by wilkoturbo » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:31 am

Computer and iPhone won't let me see the pics ? :(
bmw x5 le mans blue

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:26 am

[quote=""Sanj""]Has Jason managed to surgically remove the headset from his ear yet? [/quote]

PMSL just looked at them pics and had exactly the same thought :lol: ....is he ever without it??? IIRC didn't he have an aerial fitted to his crash hat when we went go carting :rofl:

Looking good there Raj :thumbsup:

@Sanj... if he's like a woman keeping you hanging on then we'll never see the final pics :poke: :rofl:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Hits553

Post by Hits553 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:38 am

Anymore more pictures of the finished product?

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:26 pm

Sorry all. Trying to build a garage, do my day job, spend some time with my family (as been getting grief...lol) and adding another mod. Had a photoshoot with a few other guys for PBMW on Sunday so finally got round to cleaning her on Saturday.

Pics will be up this evening of the shoot and the nearly finished X.....

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 pm

Here we go and hope you all like:

Last edited by Raj on Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.