Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Three chirps....

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Three chirps....

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:38 pm

Today, on two occasions, there was a "beep beep beep" tone while driving on the long road back to Norfolk....it happened once when braking, and once on a roundabout. No error lights or messages and the car's performance was absolutely fan-tabulous (I just can't get over the roar of the big V8 :D and the incredible acceleration of the big body of the X.... ;) ) - does anyone know what it might be?

I thought it may be the tyre pressure system giving an audible tone, but there was no dashboard light and the tyres look fine - I guess the big 20" rims leave very little room for a drop in pressure and the pressure sensors may be quite sensitive ? Will check pressure when cold and see, but any other ideas welcomed.... :? .
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Three chirps....

Post by Sanj » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Is the memo option set to on? Were the on the hour?
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Hmmm, they may have been.....what memo option do you mean? The only one I'm aware of is on the DSP amp menu....

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:54 pm

That will be the hour chime as Sanj says three beeps...i don't know how many people this has caught out when getting there x :rofl: me included :oops: i remember thinking omg what the hell is that and how much will it be to repair :lol:
It can be adjusted in the set up menu on the nav screen..............i'm surprized you heard it mind with the roar of that v8 :roll:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:09 pm

Thanks for that..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: when I stopped for coffee en route I had the owners manual out and found ...nothing!!! :)
Will check out the nav menu - must have changed it inadvertantly when setting the volume. :rofl: And yes, it was barely audible above the V8, only heard it as I was slowing down.... :D

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:12 pm

Hi

It sound very much like the hourly alert as I got caught out with this as well as the beep when you go over a set MPH another feature. Glad your loving the car i've yet to go in one but I bet the power is fantastic :-)

Penny
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:23 pm

Hi Penny,

OMG you just haven't lived till you drive the 4.8..... :D Overtaking is a bit like being in a plane just before takeoff on a runway..... :driving:

I dashed out and checked the set up menu and sure enough "memo" was on, so I switched it off. Can't recall hearing the blips before though, so heaven knows what they are indicating! x555 is probably right about the big V8 drowning out the sound most times as I only heard it twice on the 5 hour journey!! I'll see if it does it again tomorrow now that I've switched "memo" off, whatever "memo" may be - I wonder why some of these "features" are included on cars!!! :?