Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hallelujah!

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
petert

Re: Hallelujah!

Post by petert » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 pm

... and of course it has been so well looked after for the last three years by my good self!!!
Wing mirror is all replaced now (a bit frustrating to have it bashed so soon before selling it by orange van man - who didn't even stop to check if my missus who was driving at the time was ok - but we got his number and went to the police he he). Not sure if we'll get our £250 excess backthough.
Peter T
2010 E70 35D vermilion red, beige leather, Sport, Technology and Executive packages plus running boards.

Pete

Post by Pete » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:29 pm

I was petrified of something happening to my old car when I went to drop it off with the new owner - it felt like I was transporting a nuclear warhead!! I'm really gutted that I won't be able to get hold of the X5 until the 9th Sep but at least it'll be a good reason to come home from holiday.

RE Turks, I can appreciate missing the Type R, for the :D they give you, especially for the price! Great fun & reliable car - nothing much to them but such an excellent car in the summertime.

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:25 am

Well, finally got my hands on the X5 after my holiday :driving: , the bank's "Instant" transfer taking 3 days and hefty M6 tailbacks :x Well worth the wait though and a big thankyou to petert for the sale/help.

Looking forward to learning what all of the gadgets are for - it took me 10mins to get the football on the radio on my way home and 5mins to open the petrol cap :oops: so not the best of starts! If anyone has any handy PDF's of the manuals it would be a great help for me, I tried to download one last night but my computer took offence to it. Anyway, it's great to officially join the club at long last after being such a Mr panicky poo!

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Here you go.....some useful reading:

http://www.bmwmotorsports.org/pdf/index.htm

Enjoy the X!
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:16 am

[quote=""CondorX5""]Here you go.....some useful reading:

http://www.bmwmotorsports.org/pdf/index.htm

Enjoy the X![/quote]

Thanks for this

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:47 pm

Just curious about the petrol filling - the only way of not being able to open the petrol flap is if the car is still centrally locked?
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:48 pm

The car automatically locks itself when I set off and I then have to pull the handle twice to get out. This still leaves the rear doors/petrol cap locked unless I use the key fob to unlock them.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Yes, so exactly as I thought then :D

I press the button before I get out, just a habit. All doors and boot are unlocked then.

911 50th anniversary -

Pete

Post by Pete » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:08 pm

Honestly, I looked like such an idiot. When I was stumped I just approached some chap - who then borrowed my phone to call a mate who used to have an X5...who then couldn't remember how to do it either. There is very little hope for me and I'm already planning a list of questions for people on here - at least it'll beef up the forum a bit more then other newbies can make use from it! Loving the car though and really suprised by how similar the MPG was to the Type R on the motorway.

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Yeah, not much different for me 15 years or so ago when I drove a Saab and did not know that you had to put it in reverse to get the key out :)

911 50th anniversary -

petert

Post by petert » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:31 pm

Pete - press the 'all-door unlock' button by the hazard light switch and this also unlocks the petrol cap. Hope my old pride and joy got you home safely!

Kind regards,

Peter T
2010 E70 35D vermilion red, beige leather, Sport, Technology and Executive packages plus running boards.

Pete

Post by Pete » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Peter - It was an absolute joy to drive and I'm really enjoying the car thankyou - don't worry it's in good and grateful hands. My wife and son love it too...although my son was slightly more taken with the sit on lawnmower!

I will sign up to skype soon as I have a few questions about the various gadgets, what they do and how they work but I thought I'd give you a bit of time off from cars! Just a quick question though, what is the simplest way to get an ipod to work in the car?

Thanks again

petert

Post by petert » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:25 am

No probs. I've replied elsewhere about the iPod. I've come across a couple of remote controls for the screens in the back of the X5 - i'll either send them through to you from here in canada or ask some visitors to send them when they go back to the UK on Sunday.

Regards,

peter T

Pete

Post by Pete » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:28 am

Thanks for that Peter, I'll look out for them. I was also wondering if you'd be interested in selling the bmw compatible phone too (if it was of little use to you) as I've heard that the standard one's may not shut down automatically if they don't have the correct software installed.