Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

So....which one 3.0d, 4.4 or 4.6??

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: So....which one 3.0d, 4.4 or 4.6??

Post by x555 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:09 pm

[quote=""Pewters""]The boot folding down can be an issue especially if your working in the boot ....not too bad for me being quite tall but my wife has no chance of reaching the shopping. Suppose the sliding boot floor would have been a much more popular option had people realised when buying new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
I had one of them on my last x and it was usefull sometimes but also apita at times.When you pulled it out small stuff would fall behind and then you would have to reach in and get it out :roll: also you couldn't fully load the boot by loading the slider and then pushing it back as the rear seats are angled so all the stuff at the back stopped the slider going back :evil:
And for us moders it was arpita when working in the boot area....when i fitted the dvd and headrest moitors i had to keep taking the damn thing out.

Come to think of it i never really used it and it was f :censored: g sh'?e :rofl:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: So....which one 3.0d, 4.4 or 4.6??

Post by CondorX5 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:40 pm

The load floor option is one of the few my 4.8 doesn't have........even though I'm really short and the boot can be a bit of a reach for me, I'm glad I don't have it now - I tend to travel with the rear seat flat most of the time as the old dog likes to be able to lie in her specially-made X5 bed and look out the windows without standing or sitting up :D and the load floor would just have been a nuisance as the seats do not flatten completely like you say - apparently the load floor mechanism also adds a good bit of extra weight to an already heavy car as well... :driving:
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

Pewters

So....which one 3.0d, 4.4 or 4.6??

Post by Pewters » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:48 pm

[quote=""x555""][quote=""Pewters""]The boot folding down can be an issue especially if your working in the boot ....not too bad for me being quite tall but my wife has no chance of reaching the shopping. Suppose the sliding boot floor would have been a much more popular option had people realised when buying new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
I had one of them on my last x and it was usefull sometimes but also apita at times.When you pulled it out small stuff would fall behind and then you would have to reach in and get it out :roll: also you couldn't fully load the boot by loading the slider and then pushing it back as the rear seats are angled so all the stuff at the back stopped the slider going back :evil:
And for us moders it was arpita when working in the boot area....when i fitted the dvd and headrest moitors i had to keep taking the damn thing out.

Come to think of it i never really used it and it was f :censored: g sh'?e :rofl:[/quote]

Maybe not so good then after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk