Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sell the X or slum it.

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
bullethead

Re: Sell the X or slum it.

Post by bullethead » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:43 am

[quote=""smeeagain""]a hundred quid to fill up? Why fill up ? Chuck in a few quid a time and see where it takes you ....[/quote]
Barely to the next garage :lol:

thedweeb

Post by thedweeb » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:58 am

Yea these things are not the cheapest trucks to run;however to do our bit me and the misses decided to do the school run via shanks pony and we both use this method to get to work,we are lucky to have our home, school and work all in the same town. But by doing this you save loads of cash so then these things are not so bad to run. When you way up the cost of buying another car and all the hastle that goes with it I suggest change your life style a bit rather than change the car. Just my view. :)
Black with Cream Pre-Facelift 3.0d sport.

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:19 pm

And just to nail the lid on the coffin insurance renewal is due. Now I know on X5 drivers I was quite smug at the fact my insurance was quite low because its insured in her name. Now when we bought it we transferred the insurance from our Porsche to the X, well under £400 a year fully comp. Since then she ,my wife that is has been involved in 2 no fault accidents all costs etc recovered from 3rd party, protected no claims and clean licence. Me adavnced test, ADI blah blah cheapest quote for her.....£700 and cheapest for me.............£900 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:56 pm

Try these guys - I do all my insurance via them now, since a family member "ooop north" put me in touch - they do whole of market and have always managed to get me really good deals, saved 100s more than the comparison websites so far.
Premier Insurance 01207 592222. They are based in Consett, County Durham, so very Geordie accent answers the phone!!! Worth a try anyhow!!!
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

Pete

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:35 pm

Also when you do a quote, put vehicle left on public road - strangely comes out cheaper than garaged or parked on drive :?

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:33 pm

[quote=""Pete""]Also when you do a quote, put vehicle left on public road - strangely comes out cheaper than garaged or parked on drive :?[/quote]
:-? Really? I'll try anything once ;)

Pete

Post by Pete » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:41 am

Yes, no idea why though - can only think that it must take into consideration damage to locks or fully comp claims for reversing into plant pots and gate posts!

Other tips: It often costs more to say that there is a tracker on as well - but some mainstream companies insist you have them on the X5.

Also, I'm not sure what occupation you have but be creative with the name of it (but remain honest) and it can make a hell of a difference.