Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sell the X or slum it.

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
bullethead

Sell the X or slum it.

Post by bullethead » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:03 pm

It's not a question its more of a statement cos you orrible lot are cheaper than therapy :lol:
Being a man of leisure at the moment its a little difficult to justify over a hundred quid a time to fill up the beast so needs must. Shes gonna get a rest for now while a tramp about in my new whip :(

A 1994 1.4 Metro Diesel......... :o .........Oh the shame :lol:

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Sell the X or slum it.

Post by Sanj » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Smart thinking in my opinion mate - at least you've not tried to jump ship at the first hurdle.

Who cares - stick a badge on the back that says 'my other car's an X5'!!!!
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:23 pm

I might have to stick stuff on it to hold it together :lol:
And it smells great...Um new car smell.......If you dont mind 17 years of sweaty arses

ITBarbie

Sell the X or slum it.

Post by ITBarbie » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:54 pm

[quote=""bullethead""]I might have to stick stuff on it to hold it together :lol:
And it smells great...Um new car smell.......If you dont mind 17 years of sweaty arses[/quote]

Hi Bullethead

I'm not so good at therapy but don't worry about the metro after all need must !!

I work for NHS Direct and after hearing the government intent to close us down it's crossed my mind to sell as well!

Things will change so don't be too rash ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:57 pm

It is a good move anyway, I have bought a runabout as well to keep the x out of car parks and town centres. Can't believe we have already put 10k miles in less then a year on it!
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:41 pm

My contract comes to an end in 10 days time, wasn't expecting it quite yet and also no job (yet) to go to, but hopefully won't have a problem getting other contracts from October after some very long overdue leave.......it happened within days of buying the new-to-me 4.8 :cry: but I'll do a lot to keep it even use a smaller car :(

Penny, don't worry quite yet, it won't happen overnight, keep the X and buy some cheapie runabout if the worst happens....and hang in there bullethead things change rapidly in life..... :driving:
Last edited by CondorX5 on Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

jason@bwchiptune

Post by jason@bwchiptune » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:53 pm

you could always fit lpg to the car,with still go well

i didnt know there where any metros left in the world and its a diesel

i used to have a turbo metro,but end up one day taking the engine out and putting it in to a mini for a laugh,it did go well like a gocart
PERFORMANCE TUNING REMAPS,DIAGNOSTICS,SERVICE & REPAIRS
TUNING DEALERS ACROSS THE UK
DYNO DYNAMICS ROLLING ROAD
http://www.bwchiptune.co.uk
http://www.bwautorepairs.co.uk

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:46 pm

A difficult one to call.

I cant advise as to the best course of action as I am not fully aware of your personal financial circumstances, ( nor would I expect to be so).

If bought & paid for & other suficent funds then there may be some merit in declaring it SORN &/or supending the insurance, however, a lot may depend on other outgoings, where you live, where the car is kept & the risk of theft/damage.

Obviously if non car related bills are stacking up without light immediately at end of the tunnel then you probably know the proper answer.

Of course it's easy for me to give pratical advice but only yo know what you are going through & how you are genuinely coping.

You could always give yourself a deadline by which you will agree to suspend insurance & SORN or sell if you feel other priorities are more important.

At the end of the day it's a car &, (whilst easier for me to say), it's not the only X5 out there. If you sell & circs change you could always buy another depending on your finances later.

Surely your loyalty has to be to yourself & anyone who has historically depended on you financially rather than the car or your liking of it.

Sorry to hear of hard time & I sincerely wish you good luck for the future, (hopefully you will come me out of this intact & relatively sane).
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:55 am

Cheers for replys, things aint desperate yet and as the seasonal factory work starts soon if I cant find another truck to drive that'll do for now. Driving this old dog means should be able to hang on to the X and give me a chance to tidy it up and finally change the driveshaft ;) As for lpg :x finally get a chance to re use the diesel heater I had fitted to my shogun......off to the takeaway for a fill up :D Have to keep it taxed and insured or how else will I get to bristol on the 2nd oct :driving:

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:42 am

Hang in there dude :thumbsup: with work being so quiet at the mo i have pondered with the idea of selling up but untill i have to i'm keeping the x as i don't really want to drive anything else as it suits our needs with the kids and biking etc. besides you have a one off there with them wheels :poke: ....sorry mate but it had to be said as this thread is to gloom and doom ;)
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:32 pm

:headbang: Anyone want a liver? Need another set of wheels for the X :P

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:36 pm

[quote=""bullethead""]:headbang: Anyone want a liver? Need another set of wheels for the X :P[/quote]
LOL i could probably do with one after the next meet :rofl:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Pewters

Post by Pewters » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:44 pm

[quote=""x555""][quote=""bullethead""]:headbang: Anyone want a liver? Need another set of wheels for the X :P[/quote]
LOL i could probably do with one after the next meet :rofl:[/quote]

Or 2 LOL :rofl:

Hang on in there mate........no shame in a driving a daily little runner but, if needs must it is only a car at the end of the day and can be replaced when times are good again.

bullethead

Post by bullethead » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:46 pm

And this is way we buy chav wagons. I thought I was over all this dirty hands stuff :roll:
Image :fuelfire:

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 am

a hundred quid to fill up? Why fill up ? Chuck in a few quid a time and see where it takes you ....