Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Buying an E53 3.0D...

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
drb5

Re: Buying an E53 3.0D...

Post by drb5 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Lol, that sounds like a long drive! :D Just North of Glasgow means i'm probably a bit away from most folk on here. :)

I'll keep an eye on the TV modules on Ebay and an eye on here, to see if anyone can help as to the whereabouts of the connectors in the car.

Apologies to Sanj. I never noticed the BMW embossed bit, so never had a look under there yesterday, but today i found it and had a look inside. Definately no TV module and all the connectors i found that were next to where the module would fit, was a rather large black block connector. I'll try emailing the picture to my works email and post it up.
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d Sport Auto, 168 style 20's, silver 4.8IS grille, tinted back windows, black leather with titanium trim, sat nav, PS2 media center with hard drive, TV's in headrests, TV in motion, Dice Silverline and a few others toys!

drb5

Post by drb5 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:53 am

2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d Sport Auto, 168 style 20's, silver 4.8IS grille, tinted back windows, black leather with titanium trim, sat nav, PS2 media center with hard drive, TV's in headrests, TV in motion, Dice Silverline and a few others toys!

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:39 pm

As Sanj said in an earlier post if the leads/conectors for the tv module are there on the loom (I can't see bmw putting in a different loom in seperate cars!!!so it must be there) then you need a tv module and the av lead (or similar lead)from toysinyourcar.com.
The centurian label in the other pic looks like an inverter to get the psp running at 12V for the car.You need to find the blue and white connectors for the tv module and then you can go from there.They would be in the right hand side of the black plastic section that you pulled up and out in the earlier pic.Good luck :thumbsup:
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:52 pm

Here's the leads your looking for fella.....but the boot end ;)

drb5

Post by drb5 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:02 pm

Lol, i'll need to have another look, but i figured i needed a harness like this...
http://www.bimmernav.com/store/catalog/ ... m-107.html
as well as the tv module.
:oops:

I read the harness is fitted along with the harness in the nav DVD unit and then ran to the spot where the tv module is fitted...?

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:22 pm

That black connector could be for electrics when using the tow bar - not sure.

But the blue and white connectors should definitely be there, wrapped up in the wiring loom, probably by the same black fabric tape. So search thoroughly - oh and considering retro-fit they should be very close to where a TV Module would fit.

It might be possible to splice into the blue/white connectors you find. I need to check what the wiring pins are - might save on buying the TV Module. You'll possibly only get AV, well the PS2 as the source, just need to see which pins acknowledge to the screen the fact that the TV is now an option on the menu screen. But then again it may not work...

Oh and forget the TV-in-Motion cable and get to a forum meet or PM a member who has the resler. Software hack gets rid of the restriction and is more reliable.
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

drb5

Post by drb5 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:46 pm

Yer, not bothering about tv-in-motion.

Will have another look at the wiring tomorrow.

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:53 pm

If your going to the trouble of fitting a tv module make sure you get tv in motion activated.....not to watch it up front but for the passenger(you or your missus)to be able to change the dvd's over for the kids in the back :thumbsup: (depending on there age of course).........you know when they get bored of one film after about 3 mins into the journey :evil: :rofl:

drb5

Post by drb5 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:01 pm

Lol, thus the reason for getting Jeegnesh to sort a PS2 memory card to run as a media centre. :)

I'm really not bothered about the TV aspect, otherwise i'd end up having to buy a digital unit and i couldn't justify spending that kind of money on it. We won't use it THAT much. :D