Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Electric Seats and Key Fobs

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Sherwood

Electric Seats and Key Fobs

Post by Sherwood » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:00 pm

Does anyone know if the Key Fob can be programmed to activate your memory for the Driver's seat?

I have an 03 3.0D with electric seats and I would like it to go to my setting when I unlock the car and to my wife's setting when she unlocks it.

Can it be done?

Cheers.
BMW E53 2003 X5 3.0D

bazzyboy

Re: Electric Seats and Key Fobs

Post by bazzyboy » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:13 pm

yeah with ur key in ign press the red memory button then ur seat setting then repeat the process with the wifes key
hope this helps
Black 3.0d sport

kena

Post by kena » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:37 am

I didn't realise it was as simple as that. I always thought it was something that a dealer had to program, for a small fortune of course :(

x555
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by x555 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:18 am

Me too i thought this was dealer only or indy with proper equipment to do so??? must give this a try later :)
54 PLATE E53 3.0d X5 FACELIFT BLACK WITH BLACK

Minda

Post by Minda » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:39 am

Well thats the way it works on the E70 :thumbsup: although now there is only 2 memory buttons on the side of the seat not 3 as you guys must have.
Current 2010 BMW X5 40d Msport E70FL 2014 BMW 435d Cab 2016 Mercedes Vito 119 Sport LWB

Sherwood

Post by Sherwood » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:08 pm

[quote=""bazzyboy""]yeah with ur key in ign press the red memory button then ur seat setting then repeat the process with the wifes key
hope this helps[/quote]

I have tried all combinations of keys and buttons and I can't get the seat to move when the car is unlocked.

Does anyone have an 03 X5 (E53) where the key fob will set the seat to the right memory position?
BMW E53 2003 X5 3.0D

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:30 pm

I have tried getting keys to memorise seat positions on back of & by using the brief & limited E53 info from bazzyboy but to no avail.

In abscence of other info I can only assume this indeed needs to programmed by someone with correct kit, (as the owners' manual indicates).

I would be delighted to be accurately corrected of course.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:52 pm

This discussion was had on the old forum. Being able to set the seat memory as per key is ONLY possible through the dealer or good Indy - so when you unlock it and put the key in the barrel the seats and mirrors change. Setup of seat memory option for each button is as described by bazzyboy.

Infact I believe it was Jeegnesh who originally started this thread. He had his done through Jason (I think).
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:21 pm

The dealer had to initialise the function for the vehicle, but once set up it can be owner changed.

The procedure I use with both our E53 and E46 is:

1. Unlock car with whichever key you want on Memory 1. Put the key in and turn to Pos 2
2. Set seat and mirror positions as required.
3. Press the Red Mem (make sure it lights up) button followed by button 1.
4. Switch off, remove key, get out and lock the car with that key.

5. Repeat procedure with each other key in turn but select different seat memory number.

When my 'X' came back from the dealer after the transmission failure they had wiped both keys from the vehicle so I could not remotely lock/unlock the car (not they would admit it of course!!) Having followed the process on Xoupost.com to recode the keys to the car I had to redo the memory settings but there was no need to go back to the dealer.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AW8 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Nope def not working on mine.....................in abscence of this having been coded on my car it's just as well nobodye else likes driving it.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

bazzyboy

Post by bazzyboy » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:28 pm

[quote=""X5Sport""]The dealer had to initialise the function for the vehicle, but once set up it can be owner changed.

The procedure I use with both our E53 and E46 is:

1. Unlock car with whichever key you want on Memory 1. Put the key in and turn to Pos 2
2. Set seat and mirror positions as required.
3. Press the Red Mem (make sure it lights up) button followed by button 1.
4. Switch off, remove key, get out and lock the car with that key.

5. Repeat procedure with each other key in turn but select different seat memory number.

When my 'X' came back from the dealer after the transmission failure they had wiped both keys from the vehicle so I could not remotely lock/unlock the car (not they would admit it of course!!) Having followed the process on Xoupost.com to recode the keys to the car I had to redo the memory settings but there was no need to go back to the dealer.[/quote]

this is the same as mine 04 plate facelift
maybe we are just lucky :P
Black 3.0d sport