Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

wheel arch extensions where to buy

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: wheel arch extensions where to buy

Post by Raj » Wed May 30, 2012 4:55 pm

[quote=""jeegnesh""]
I got black and white wheels badges :thumbsup: lets see a piccy of the ones you are talking about.

I assume spacer to make the tyres sit further [/quote]

Spacers will bring the rear wheels more towards the arches. Look spot on with the extended arches.

Pic of wheel badges HERE

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Wed May 30, 2012 7:37 pm

[quote=""Raj""][quote=""jeegnesh""]
I got black and white wheels badges :thumbsup: lets see a piccy of the ones you are talking about.

I assume spacer to make the tyres sit further [/quote]

Spacers will bring the rear wheels more towards the arches. Look spot on with the extended arches.

Pic of wheel badges HERE[/quote]

Think I'll stick to black and whites as they match the badges I changed up too.

Spacer's not too sure about that, but considering money spent lately think I'll pass again. Thanks.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Wed May 30, 2012 7:55 pm

[quote=""jeegnesh""]she don't even notice the arches, just the passenger door and the drivers door when she has to drive (rare).[/quote]

She noticed the rear view camera, auxiliary heater and heated front seats I did though! :lol: :P
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Wed May 30, 2012 7:57 pm

Sorry. WE did. :roll:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Wed May 30, 2012 8:08 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]Sorry. WE did. :roll:[/quote]
Your being as bad as rusty, uncalled for I say, you insisted I have the xtra pizza man.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Wed May 30, 2012 8:12 pm

That's true, you did push the plastic rivets out and take one rear arch out, all by yourself!

And you managed to feed yourself, plus make tea.

He was useful!

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Wed May 30, 2012 8:46 pm

[quote=""Sanj""]That's true, you did push the plastic rivets out and take one rear arch out, all by yourself!

And you managed to feed yourself, plus make tea.

He was useful![/quote]

:spam:

DougieV8

Post by DougieV8 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Still a fair bit of cash for something so minor.

I know that those that have done it say it makes a big difference - I would be saying that myself if I had paid the cash and taken the time to fit.

But honestly it makes little difference to looks, unless close inspection, and is of no real benefit. I will not bother for now!
2002 X5 4.4i Sport

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:19 am

Yes its a lot and depending on finances and other bits may be more of a priority for your on car.

However the offer on eBay from BMW direct is still on at £220 approx and a lot cheaper than buying individual at £750 when my mate priced the bits up even with his discount.

So as my wife would say I saved £530 and so got the rear bumper repainted with the money i save what a result.

Since they the arches have been fitted to my car I just like the look of them to finish car off. Where as when I just had the 4.8 wheels on they looked a bit wide in arches if you know what I mean.
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

DougieV8

Post by DougieV8 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:11 pm

My car not in need of anything at moment - Passed MOT last month with no advisories and all driving well.

I spotted a X5 in my rear view mirror off a roundabout today and noticed arch extensions - This thread has keened up my eye!

Maybe I will treat my X5 after a year of ownership now - Have you got a link?

I looked but the £220ish you quote states one arch only!? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-2 ... 27c94a0f5f - And I have running boards!
2002 X5 4.4i Sport

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Hi this should help It's the kit for cars with running boards but double check

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Genuine-2 ... 1815wt_968
Now: E70 X5 in Blue, 3 Minis Cooper S R53, JCW R56 & Cooper S Roadster R59 :drive:

Prev: Abarth 595C & 500C, E53 X5 4.4i, E88 135i M Sport, Audi TT Mk1 V6, 3 Smarts, 8 Vauxhalls, 4 Fords, 2 Triumphs, 1 Mini & Bikes

DougieV8

Post by DougieV8 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:52 pm

Cheers Graeme but as stated earlier the notes read as follows -

BMW Genuine wheel arch extensions are required when retrofitting 20" wheels. This retrofit kit contains all necessary fittings for one single rear wheel arch, and you would require two of these in order to complete the set.
Material: Plastic
Colour: Black
Only suitable for vehicles with running boards (S328A) and without Aerodynamic package.
Photography is for illustrative purposes only and the actual item might differ.

Therefore 2 of these plus 2 of front kit adds upto around £700!?

Or did you order this and get a full kit!?
2002 X5 4.4i Sport

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:42 pm

This is a full kit, 4 arches (specific to cars with the running boards) and the two rear bumper pieces. All for this price. Including the plast rivets - just get the gun that will help fit these.

Phone BMW Cotswolds and state the same part number to get peace-of-mind. Oh and for £205, if you quote this forum inclusive of free delivery to your door (yes that 5ft tall box)!

DougieV8

Post by DougieV8 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:52 pm

So advert is incorrect - no real come back though if only one arch set arrives as that is what it states!

Sanj - do you mean that BMW cotswolds price match and discount or ebay BMW direct will discount if email sent quoting xdrivers?
2002 X5 4.4i Sport

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 am

Read the thread from the start and you'll see the kit was bought from BMW Cotswolds Parts department quoting this part number. The whole kit, confirmed and delivered complete at £205. Forget the ad, it's unclear - talk to Cotswolds and ask for the forum discount - 01432 375563

This price is on the BMW system so should be available from any dealer parts department. Otherwise just call Cotswolds and be done with it...