Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by Sanj » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm

For all those struggling to get the Bluetooth to connect, thought I'd post what the manual says.

Please note you need the 4 digit passcode to get the pairing right. Picture 5 shows the card with the sticker on it (circled red) with my code. If you don't have that, get it direct off the module itself, located in the boot on the left-hand side cubby hole. Silver box attached at the bottom at 45 degrees.

Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by Raj » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:39 pm

Coolio paaji.

Hasn't helped me though  :'(

Oh but might be because I took the headunit and module out....lol
Last edited by Raj on Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nxnumber1

Post by Nxnumber1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:19 am

Hi sanj (again!)

I've followed these instructions in manual to the letter, and can't even get as far as to get them to see each other and try to pair. I have an iPhone 4S.

I've read other posts and used some of the tricks others have suggested to no avail. Deleting messages beforehand etc...

Any suggestions? Is this a job for bmw?
X5 3.0d Sport, 'Facelift' 54 plate, Sapphire Black, 20"ers, Sat Nav, 6 CD Changer, TV, Panoramic Sunroof, Heated/Comfort seats, Xenons, Parking Sensors.

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:09 pm

[quote="Nxnumber1"]
Hi sanj (again!)

I've followed these instructions in manual to the letter, and can't even get as far as to get them to see each other and try to pair. I have an iPhone 4S.

I've read other posts and used some of the tricks others have suggested to no avail. Deleting messages beforehand etc...

[/quote]

Are all other phones paired deleted as youcan only have a max of 4 paired to the module.

You may need to check the connection under the cradle otherwise as that is a weak point I believe.

Other thing is to check the actual module in the boot.

It certainly is something you can investigate/diagnose yourself without having to go to BMW.

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Has anyone managed to successfully pair an iPhone 5 yet?
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:57 pm

[quote="Rusty"]
Has anyone managed to successfully pair an iPhone 5 yet?
[/quote]

With what???  :P :))

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Rusty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Now that is the question ....... :))
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

Raj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Raj » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:02 pm

[quote="Rusty"]
Now that is the question ....... :))
[/quote]

That may be but don think I want to answer... :))

Shanaghyduke

Post by Shanaghyduke » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:00 pm

[quote="Nxnumber1"]
Hi sanj (again!)

[/quote]
Hi i have recently paired my phone and my wifes it did take a long time but the only way it would work for me
was to be very precise with the timing ,try it the only way it worked for me was hold down button and count to 3 turn key to pos 1 and continue to 6 then release .So from start to finish exactly 6 seconds works great on mine hope it helps .

briankerrys47

Post by briankerrys47 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:21 pm

My eldest daughter got into car,(of course fiddling with her iphone) next thing she was paired (Auto) ::)!!!!!!Wats that all about ,i have the Parrot system in never have tried to 'activate' the BMW in-car one if one is fitted!!!!! possibly an extra!!!!!Might have a look around when the weather gets warmer  :)) :))

X5LeMans

Post by X5LeMans » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:00 am

If you have one, it should have the paring button in the arm rest, you can also start paring through the navigator screen.

My iPhone 4S would see the car, but refused to connect. Deleted all SMS message history, and after that it connected right away, and uploaded my contacts list to the BMW computer. Works like a charm. Now it auto pairs as soon as I get into the car.

MSPORTBMW

Post by MSPORTBMW » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:52 pm

Mine is a March 04 E53.  I managed to pair my HTC ONE S with the car after a bit of faffing around.  My problem is....it keeps disconnecting every so often, and then reconnecting.  Ive never managed to have a successful phone call without it disconnecting at some point.  Very frustrating to say the least. Also my call buttons on steering wheel dont work.
ImageImageImage

avonside

Post by avonside » Tue May 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Hi everyone.
thought i'd share my little Bluetooth story.
I have a USA spec Dec 04 build 3.0, ive owned it from new and personaly imported it home with me some 7 years ago.Well the car has the full USA system of Assist and BT but i have never managed to get it to connect to anything over here and guessed it was just bad luck for me cos the car is US spec and its now in the UK where the phone systems are completly different......untill....I got my first IPhone 2 weeks ago a new IPhone4 . I was reading a forum about BT parring and was looking at buying a new TCU unit a euro one thinking that might solve my problems, when I read about how to connect a phone up.So I rushed outside to the car did as I had just read and bingo after 7 years I have full BT integration , address book works, steering wheel controls work, cant believe it.
All i did was make sure the phone is bluetooth active and searching when you get in the car, then turn on the ignition and apparently the car looks for new devices for the first 20 secounds only, on my phone the BMW BT device number appeared I entered the 4 digit passkey that I had kept in the glove box just in case one day !!!! and that was it, it is now paired and works seamlessly everytime i get in the car completly outomatically.Its so nice to use this great function after so long... :) :) :)
Hope this helps someone
2005 X5 3.0 petrol with LPG conversion....euro clear lights....20" 4.8 style  alloys....headrest DVD system....subwoofer install....4.8 style tailpipes...chrome grilles all round....70k miles from new...still gives me a smile every time I drive it :):):)

scooby1doo1

Post by scooby1doo1 » Tue May 28, 2013 5:00 pm

I got mine to work 2 weeks before I sold it, but only had it 18 months so not 2 bad.
Was nice though making and receiving calls when the phone was in a my pocket

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using tapacrap 2
Last edited by scooby1doo1 on Tue May 28, 2013 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Tue May 28, 2013 9:48 pm

Still can't bleeding do mine I've tried this and that it'll be the hammer next no im not the most patient of people and I no it's not the end of the world it just bugs the F***K out of me  :)).
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.