Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Northumberland Newbie

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
PioneerSSM

Northumberland Newbie

Post by PioneerSSM » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:57 pm

Hi to everyone

Never thought my first Bimmer would be an X5 :o  New to X5 & to BMW.

How lucky am I?

Mines a E70 SE on a 60 plate with no mods.

Never having owned Bimmer before I'm into a whole new world of motoring and I'm loving it so far.

I've had a good look round the forum over the past week and have read some useful articles. Looks like I'll be a frequent visitor here.

Pioneer

BMW X5 The ultimate driving machine.

Except when you need a parking space!

sid10

Re: Northumberland Newbie

Post by sid10 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:51 am

Hi nice car , what spec did you go for ?

PioneerSSM

Post by PioneerSSM » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:27 pm

As stated its the SE 3.0 no nav or bluetooth mind, nor heated seats. Still a good spec though. I would of liked these things, but they were certainly not a deal breaker. The condition and mileage were my main priority, and both of these ar superb considering its a 5 year old vehicle having covered 50k miles.

I moved from a Citroen C5 (Nearly New) to my X5, The citroen was billed as germanic build quality, it was good but not in the same league! It had all these toys on, but to be honest I never really used them.

As you would expect the upgrade in general overall quality is phenomenal.

ImageImageImage

sid10

Post by sid10 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:04 pm

Hi satnav not that great on later cars better off with a garming or tomtom , did you buy from a dealer with a warranty ?
Great low mileage cars are few and far between , but as you say the build quality is fantastic . Now you have swopped their is no going back !
I am a fellow northerner  so not a million miles away .

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:14 pm

:hi:

Citroen with a 'Germanic' build!  That'll be the day.  :lol: :lol:

I looked at a brand new C5 Picasso recently and a large part of the plastic trim on the driver's side just fell off!!

We went elsewhere.

You can add a Parrot bluetooth kit and Garmin NAV far cheaper than anything else, and probable less than the map updates cost per year - getting on for £300!!!
Last edited by X5Sport on Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

PioneerSSM

Post by PioneerSSM » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:40 pm

Yes your quite right a Citroen with Germanic build its a laugh.

Yes its a dealer car, I wouldn't risk anything else, full history etc, and good mileage. Quite agree with the Nav etc., I've  a Tom Tom and a Garmin, and also a parrot so no great problems there. Heated seats would of been nice for the winter, but you can always buy one of the after market 12v plug in type. Had one a few years ago and worked well. 

As for the warranty the normal 12 month dealer warranty. Its my intention to always have a warranty, these are far to complicated and potentially expensive to do otherwise.

Id like to try the same model without the run flats to compare the ride quality, but the price difference between both sets of tyres has plummeted lately so its now just a personal preference as to what suits you best.

Patriot1368

Post by Patriot1368 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:58 pm

Hi a fellow Northuberlander here........adoring my X5 at the moment, ️We Sincerely hope you get the full enjoyment  as we do with ours.  :)