Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E53 SatNav disks

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: E53 SatNav disks

Post by X5Sport » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:11 pm

No new firmware now in almost a decade.  It should say 4/1-00 if the latest official release.  Numbers in the 80/90 are earlier versions 8.n and 9.n.

There are modified versions out there but these are unofficial and can cause language pack issues.  Only the map discs are updated now.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

bascule

Re: E53 SatNav disks

Post by bascule » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:33 pm

I love this forum!

Recently purchased a 2003 (53 plate) E53 with the wide screen satnav - still running the original 4/12 firmware that it cam with when new 14 years ago.

If it's any encouragement to others with older ones - this updated beautifully to the latest v.32 firmware (4/00).  Took about 4 minutes to do, and was seamless.  I now have postcode lookup which I didn't before etc etc, and most pleasingly now have the 3D perspective view too!  (took a minute to find the hidden menu to enable that, but well pleased with the result - looks loads better)

That and a nice shiny DVD with the 2017 map updates, and I'm very pleased to have brought a 14yr old car right up to date!