Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brake Fluid Reservoir

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X1 (E84).
Problems, How To Articles & Performance topics can currently be discussed here also.
Yorkie

Brake Fluid Reservoir

Post by Yorkie » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:39 pm

Hi

I am a newcomer to the site having recently purchased a 2014 X1.

When doing under bonnet checks I cannot see the brake fluid reservoir - where do BMW hide it?

Similarly where is the clutch fluid res?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Brake Fluid Reservoir

Post by X5Sport » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:30 am

If it’s anything like my X6 then it is hidden under the plastic covers at the rear of the engine bay.  They have to come off first!

I’m looking at buying an X1 in the next few months (xLine 20d) so will need to find all these hidden gems too.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

mark hamster 28

Post by mark hamster 28 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Thats what i just traded in for the X5 Richard. Had it from almost new for 18 months. Great car to drive and very cheap to run i found. Should off said, could of had mine. They put it up for sale a few weeks back and its sold straight away. Added £3k to what they gave me and gone...... breaks my heart to think what they make but i suppose you always got the trust its from a BMW garage.!

Oh and by the way, sorry.. no idea where the cap is  :'(
::) X5 M Sport F15  3.0D M Sport  ::)

PREV-

New Model X1 Xline 2.0 D 2015
X 5 M Sport 3.0 D (E70) Only been gone 2 days but missed  :(
Ford Focus ST3
Audi A4 Cab Final Edition
Range Rover Sport HSE

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:11 pm

We’re still in ‘research mode’ as this will be the replacement for our leased Škoda Superb late next year.  I just can’t get on with the VW DSG box which seems to have a dreadful software build especially forced on Škoda.

The X1 and 2-Series Active Tourers are the front runners.

There might be Youtube videos for the brake fluid reservoir location - assuming there is no mention in the handbook!  BMW don’t want owners getting too close to their cars  ;)

sid10

Post by sid10 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:47 pm

We had a 2011 xdrive se from new just traded in for 2 series F46 gran tourer xdrive m sport , while the X1 was a great car , the gran tourer meets our needs now with 3 growing lads .
  Had a service package on the car so never lifted the bonnet other than checking the oil , screen wash , never missed a beat .
  Richard go for an auto if possible only thing we wished we had spec d on ours .
I have some bits and bobs still in the garage 1. Set of style 311 19" wheels factory option 4K
                                                                2. Genuine bmw rubber boot mat .
                                                                3. Genuine bmw bike rack that screws into the rear towing eyes ,slight damage .
                                                                4. Bridgestone potenza runflats 225/40/19, 255/35/19 done 200 miles , as sold car with winter wheels .
  Sorry to hi jack the thread but they are great cars .
          Sid10 .
Ps check it hasn't had a service pack on the car as they were only £300 extra for 5 years .

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:12 pm

The plan is to buy brand new on lease for 4 years due to commuting.  And thanks  :)

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Horizon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:29 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
We’re still in ‘research mode’ as this will be the replacement for our leased Škoda Superb late next year.  I just can’t get on with the VW DSG box which seems to have a dreadful software build especially forced on Škoda.

The X1 and 2-Series Active Tourers are the front runners.

There might be Youtube videos for the brake fluid reservoir location - assuming there is no mention in the handbook!  BMW don’t want owners getting too close to their cars  ;)
[/quote]
I loved the DSG gearbox in my 2010 Golf ( 6 speed,), but have heard the Skoda software is set up differently to other VAG cars.
I have read that  Skoda owners have had the VW /Seat software flashed onto the gearbox to liven things up.
I've recently gone back to a VW Caddy van for work, its a 2.0d manual Euro 6, I've only clocked up 4 K since new and it's still probably loosening up, just feels a little restrained compared with
previous  caddys ive had in the past.
Co2's and MPG  seem to be all car manufactures care about these days instead of drivability.
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv