Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: E53 Bluetooth Connectivity

Post by Horizon » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:04 pm

http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/index.php/t ... l#msg88888

Retrofitting the ULF needs a bit of re wiring I believe
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:07 pm

I believe it is a straight swap.  You will need to get the PIN as well - often written on the module, but can be got via software such as you have.  It is unique to each module.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Lyons

Post by Lyons » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:47 pm

[quote="Horizon"]
http://xdrivers.co.uk/forum/index.php/t ... l#msg88888

Retrofitting the ULF needs a bit of re wiring I believe
[/quote]

Thanks for that. From that link it doesn't appear to be too great a result either, I may stick with another TCU I think.

Lyons

Post by Lyons » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:48 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
I believe it is a straight swap.  You will need to get the PIN as well - often written on the module, but can be got via software such as you have.  It is unique to each module.
[/quote]

Do you mean for a TCU or ULF?

30boz

Post by 30boz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:20 am

Not getting phones to connect is a popular thread!

I've got the same problem. I've got a 2005 facelift 4.4v8 with sat nav. I've done all the usual stuff (finger crossing, facing east etc) and no joy

I don't get the three lights on the head unit lit but also the word 'telephone' isn't on the display at all. It should look like the picture, but 'telephone' isn't there.

Any ideas? Image
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:20 pm

It may not have the phone option installed (it was expensive) or it has failed, or been removed so the car can't find it.

@Lyons - either.  You still need a PIN.  Dealer wrote the number on mine in case I ever lost the little card.

30boz

Post by 30boz » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:17 pm

I've got the button in the arm rest. How would I know if it's failed or simply not there in the first place?

Lyons

Post by Lyons » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:47 am

[quote="X5Sport"]
It may not have the phone option installed (it was expensive) or it has failed, or been removed so the car can't find it.

@Lyons - either.  You still need a PIN.  Dealer wrote the number on mine in case I ever lost the little card.
[/quote]

Thanks. Ended up biting the bullet and ordered a TCU the other day (£40 odd). The sticker with pin is still on the front. I've everything crossed that it makes the Bluetooth work!

Lyons

Post by Lyons » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Well, the new module didnt make any difference

Just after trying to pair using BMW Scanner V1.4.0 and no joy either sadly. I'm devastated, really was sure that would work! No fault codes, it could read the module, just wouldnt show up on any phone.

Can anyone think of any other options at all before I have to resort to fitting a Parrot?  :xmassad:

SNH

Post by SNH » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Is there anyway of deleting already stored devices without plugging diagnostics in?
On the odd occasion I can get it to try and pair it's never been successful for some reason. I did read that it only allows so many handsets to be paired so I'm hoping if it clear them it'll be that  :)

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:47 pm

[quote="SNH"]
Is there anyway of deleting already stored devices without plugging diagnostics in?
On the odd occasion I can get it to try and pair it's never been successful for some reason. I did read that it only allows so many handsets to be paired so I'm hoping if it clear them it'll be that  :)
[/quote]

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Take a look at the first post - its a scan of the Bluetooth booklet from BMW I got with my car and yes it has a section of how to delete previously paired devices. You can have 4 btw in total.  :)
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Yo Sanj.....long time no hear  :D

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 pm

[quote="X5Sport"]
Yo Sanj.....long time no hear  :D
[/quote]

Hello old buddy,

Yeah, bit of time away, focusing on family life/Christmas/Birthdays/Parents with a car lodged in the lounge bay window.... as you do... Wifey was not well and had a lot of busy times holding the fort together.

I'm allowed back out of the nut house now!  ;D

All well with you? Little man not so little anymore I imagine!?! Better half well? Should ask if you're ok as well I suppose!  :))
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

SNH

Post by SNH » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:01 pm

[/quote]
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Take a look at the first post - its a scan of the Bluetooth booklet from BMW I got with my car and yes it has a section of how to delete previously paired devices. You can have 4 btw in total.  :)
[/quote]

Cheers.

I didn't get a brochure in mine, every one but the stereo/nav/phone one unfortunately. How do I get rid of any paired devices? I've done all the guides to try and pair it but I've come to the conclusion it already has its limit.

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Fri May 18, 2018 2:27 pm

Original pics back on this one too.  :thumbup: