Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

TV in motion upgrade anyone done it????

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
deckie77

TV in motion upgrade anyone done it????

Post by deckie77 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Hello all,
Just joined up to the site, I bought my 2004 3.0d Sport in December, and i'm looking at doing a few things to it in the coming months.
I have the analogue TV set up in my motor, and found this while trawling the net, i am heading down the Edinburgh area for 4 days in April & would be a opportunity to get it fitted, i've mailed the company but no reply yet as i asked about a price for them fitting aswell, but before i commit i was wandering if anyone has used them/bought the retrofit kit #1 and their thoughts on it.
http://www.tv-in-motion.co.uk/bmw_Digital_TV.html

Any response appreciated.
Deckie.
Silver 3.0d Sport, Sat Nav, TV, DVD & Media Player, Rear Headrest Screens, 20" Type 214's, Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel Trim

Have great intentions to-
Removable towbar
Chrome tailpipes

phiggystardust

Re: TV in motion upgrade anyone done it????

Post by phiggystardust » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:27 pm

thought these chaps were the ones to go with too . but they say no phone contact and no updates on thier site for months so are these people for real ??
i have also emailed them and no reply. are they as expert as they say ???? hmmm
2002 3.0d black sport auto, now with added mods!!!re-map,chrome clock rings, folding mirrors,wind deflectors,angel eye led hid's,19"sport wheels,reverse cam,ps2 media+hdd,dvd headrests,alpine v12 amp+sub,+alarm chirp !!!!

petert

Post by petert » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Didn't have it done but most reports state that when in motion the picture is not good. Your choice but worth doing a search to see what the consensus is from forum members.

Peter T
2010 E70 35D vermilion red, beige leather, Sport, Technology and Executive packages plus running boards.

blingsta

Post by blingsta » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:08 am

ive done it on my E53 3.0D and i can confirm that the picture you get when in motion isnt great :thumbsdown:

personally, i'd say, save your money.. i wish i did. :thumbsup:

swipe

Post by swipe » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 am

Had it done via scanner software and agree the reception isn't great, but if you can connect an ipod you can the watch movies through it great if you've got kids!

deckie77

Post by deckie77 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:55 am

Thanks for the reply's, It really isn't a necessity to have TV in the car, but if it was to work well i would have it - just because i could, another day & still no word from them so moving freeview upgrade to the bottom of the list :thumbsdown:
Silver 3.0d Sport, Sat Nav, TV, DVD & Media Player, Rear Headrest Screens, 20" Type 214's, Carbon Fibre Steering Wheel Trim

Have great intentions to-
Removable towbar
Chrome tailpipes