Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear floor board wet

Discuss the problems with your BMW X5 (E70).
edawg2512

Rear floor board wet

Post by edawg2512 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:19 pm

Hello all, newbie here. I have a 2013 X5 E70, I been having an issue since the temperature has been getting colder. In the mornings, the inside of my windshield and rear hatch has frost on it, not any of the side windows. I did notice my rear floorboards on both sides were damp. I dried them out, and it was dry Friday. After the weekend with dry conditions and maybe a 30-minute drive came out Monday to frosted windshield and rear mat frozen to carpet, due to it being wet again. I also noticed water in the battery well, but dried that up

-vapor barriers in rear doors checked by shop and found no issue

Is there any other known reasons for this issue that anyone has come across?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rear floor board wet

Post by X5Sport » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:04 pm

Did they remove the door cards and check the barriers, or just hope? Look for any signs of water on the bottom of the door cards.

Do you have a sunroof? If so check the drain channels and also that the glass is down and sealed.

Rear Door seals? Rear light clusters - for the battery area leak
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

edawg2512

Post by edawg2512 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:13 am

Yes, they removed panels and tested. I do have a sunroof, but never use it, and it we have had no precipitation for about a week

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:03 pm

I have seen mention of a problem with the rear washer hose coming apart in the rear and it being under the carpets. Are you losing screen fluid from the tank?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

marti

Post by marti » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Open the sunroof and see if there's any water in the channels....

edawg2512

Post by edawg2512 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Not at this time, never have had the washer low warning before, and I have topped it off since the amount of salt they use on the roads, but i wouldnt say its more than im using?? I also been reading something about an A/C evaporator being in the center console, a drain for it being clogged, but its too cold to use A/C?

edawg2512

Post by edawg2512 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:53 pm

marti wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:47 pm Open the sunroof and see if there's any water in the channels....

Havent used sunroof yet, but there hasn't been any form of precipitation between the time the carpet was dry vs. it being wet.....(its not soggy wet, but it is damp, but when i push down, water isnt coming up, but it is pretty damp...with no odor