Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Susp Inact following wheel bearing fix

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
bascule

Susp Inact following wheel bearing fix

Post by bascule » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:59 pm

Hi all,

Had a rear wheel bearing replaced last week, and now have the 'self level suspension.inact' error. I've had a bit of a google but would welcome your advice.

The car is at normal ride height, not dropped at all, and there's no hissing. The airbags appear to be fine.

I've checked the fuses in the rear and all appear to be fine.

I've driven about a hundred miles since the wheel bearing was replaced, and it's sat over the weekend, and it hasn't cleared.

I don't have tire pressure sensors. I only have bags on the rear, its a 2003 30d manual.

Any advice would be welcome!

thanks!

Ben

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Susp Inact following wheel bearing fix

Post by henrym3 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:02 pm

Check that when they dropped it down after work was finished that the sensor didn’t flip over in the wrong direction. Compare with the other Side

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:33 pm

Can be due to the compressor not being able to get to the right pressure too as the piston ring is worn , I had this for about a month on my e70 before the compressor gave up ,came on after about 2 mins on a drive , airbags at right height and not dropping overnight too. If the compressor sounds louder than usual then that would be a sign its on the way out.Once they start blowing the 30/40amp fuse you need a new compressor .

Alan Gunn
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Alan Gunn » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:10 am

+1 on the sensor flip.