Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Introducing my new toy

sarjoo

Introducing my new toy

Post by sarjoo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:16 am

Hello all, although not new to the brand having had several BMWs over the years, of various shapes and sizes, this is out first X model and am really enjoying it...some pics below...
X5 1.jpg
X5 1.jpg (298.79 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
X5 3.jpg
X5 3.jpg (283.42 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
X5_PostDetailed 4.jpg
X5_PostDetailed 4.jpg (311.68 KiB) Viewed 4867 times
X5_PostDetailed 5.jpg
X5_PostDetailed 5.jpg (233.76 KiB) Viewed 4867 times

Jayx5

Re: Introducing my new toy

Post by Jayx5 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:26 am

hi
Not normally a fan of black cars but that looks lovely 8)

sarjoo

Post by sarjoo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:34 am

Having had a sparkling graphite (grey) and sapphire black car before this I know the pains of a dark car well. Fortunately I enjoy washing cars and taking a few measures to try keeping the swirl and scracth free.

Tbh when I was searching the exterior colour couldve pretty much gone any way, all depending on what spec/price was found. This one came along first, and it met pretty much 90% of my requirements so I just took the plunge. For example, never considered a car with black wheels but am glad I did as I really like the look now.

The main spec hilights:
panoramic roof
third row seating
winter pack (rear heated seats, heated steering wheel)
rear seat entertainment/tv
surround view
comfort seats front

Am missing a few things I wouldve liked as far as options go but like I said on a used car it'll rarely be 100% perfect.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:32 pm

Good spec and looks good too :D

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:08 pm

You have the best extra there is ie: comfort seats.
All of us with dodgy spines know how good the cf seats are for getting the ultimate seat settings.

Lez

sarjoo

Post by sarjoo » Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:12 pm

Comfort seats were a mandatory choice for me based on things I have read about them, and they certainly do have a fair amount of adjustability :)

That along with the third row and heated middle row seating are probably the most important options for me, though the pano roof is proving very handy for brightening up the cabin, it’s astonishing how much different opening the shade alone makes.

Very happy with the 40d engine too though an M50D would’ve been my choice if the price and spec had been right.

graemeX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by graemeX5 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:42 am

Hi

It looks really nice and with a good spec as well which are hard to find :thumbsup:

Graeme

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Lovely looking car, although not sure which is a worse colour black or white, had black, never again, not got mineral white and again a nightmare to keep clean.
Although in reality all colours get the same level of muck on them, it appears that black and white show them up more, any tips on keeping them clean or making them easier to clean would be most welcome

sarjoo

Post by sarjoo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:41 am

Tips for keeping a car looking clean...

Firstly for me its about keeping the surface as hard to grip to as possible to minimise road dirt and stuff clinging on, and its about making the surface as easy to rinse as possible so that any dirt that does cling washes away with minimal effort, and lastly its about protecting the surface using the right products.

Then its about the usual two-bucket wash with the right materials and tools to keep it scratch and swirl free, especially on a black car.

There are plenty of decent waxes and products out there to help keep a car looking clean and repellant to dirt/water...if you want some heads up of the kinds of stuff I have and do use then I can happily advise, though I am hardly a pro :(
Last edited by sarjoo on Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:15 am

Thanks, think I am doing all the right things apart from the two buckets, generally use Autoglym products, washing generally weekly and waxing polishing every three or four months.

Will investigate the two bucket method

sarjoo

Post by sarjoo » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:29 am

Look into it, but in a nutshell for me...
The two bucket method just helps to control how much muck actually gets from the dirty car to the wash mitt and to the clean water and therefore back on the car.
Snow foam lance and pressure washer for a thorough pre-wash.
Bucket 1 - For your clean soapy water
Bucket 2 - Rinsing water for mitt (which gets pretty murky) before it goes back into bucket 1

I also use a different wash mitt for the upper part of the car and the lower part, as the lower part will have a lot more gritt and grime on it. Never use the same wheel cleaner mitt on the bodywork either. Theyre fairly simple steps but help prevent damage to your bodywork, its hard to eliminate fully of course but all this helps :)
Note: Use the right material mitts and drying cloths to prevent damage too, whilst using light pressure too.

PM me if u want more info no worries.

Jayx5

Post by Jayx5 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:55 pm

I always use a spray wax after every wash, it keeps the paint really slippery, a decent rain fall washes the loose dirt off of my car.

ckl139

Post by ckl139 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am

nice car...

If you don't mind me asking what price region did you pay

sarjoo

Post by sarjoo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:19 pm

ckl139 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:21 am nice car...

If you don't mind me asking what price region did you pay
Sure, will send u a PM. In fact saw a car similarly priced listed the other day and will send u a link to it in case ur on the look out.