Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Advanced Car Eye

Perry

Advanced Car Eye

Post by Perry » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:02 pm

Some assistance required please
I know that my advanced car eye is recording both front and back and according to the manual these recordings go to the SD card.
When I look on the SD card there are no recordings of the rear camera (file should end with an A).
So where are they?

I have seen recordings on my phone and it gives you the option to download, which I have - but where are they on the phone?
I have searched the phone but they advanced eye app states that the download is in the app, but where?

I'm keen to be able to get a copy of such recordings as my last X5 had two people go into the back of it, the last didn't stop to give their details!

Wayfarer

Re: Advanced Car Eye

Post by Wayfarer » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:41 pm

Not 100% sure but think the files are kept together and you can view front or rear on the app.

Don’t know which phone you have but on my Android the downloaded files are easiest found using the file manager apps - look at downloads.

If you don’t sort it, then let me know and I’ll have a play with mine again tomorrow morning and see if I can see what’s happening, but to be honest it took me a while to master mine, but that was a year and a half ago and fortunately not had to review anything on it since then.

touring

Post by touring » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:08 am

I had advanced eye in my X4 and one in my X5, both from new. They will not load to iPhone or iOS only PC and android. You could always download to PC using the USB adaptor, I had someone run in the back of my X4, the number plate could clearly be read, used the advanced eye now for over five years, and due to the idiots out there I wouldn’t be without it

Perry

Post by Perry » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Thanks for the replies.
My mobile is an Android, I have download a video from the car eye onto the mobile.
I get the option to watch either front or rear video on my mobile.
The downloaded video is showing in My ACE app.
I have connected the phone to my PC and cannot find that app and no trace of the video.

I have taken the SD card out of the car eye and connected it to my PC, but I can only see front camera videos, no rear camera videos :cry:

Perry

Post by Perry » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:56 pm

Right I have cracked it :D
After a bit of Googling which initially suggested using BMW Advance Car Eye viewer, except it did not see the files on the SD card :cry:
So the recordings are on AVI files and unlike the BMW Advance car eye manual stating that the front and rear camera recordings are stored with different letters for front and back camera ( A for rear B for front). The AVI files hold both the front and rear recordings together.
So if you use VLC media player you can separate the recordings as follows:

Open VLC and select your recording from the SD card
Click on view (at the top) and select advance controls
Then select video (at the top) and select video track.
This will give you two tracks to select
1 is for the front camera recording
2 is for the rear camera recording

Wayfarer

Post by Wayfarer » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Well done.
I opened the bmw app yesterday evening to try and download some clips, but it’s been updated so I need to set everything up again, And didn’t have time yesterday, haven’t actually had to use it for at least a year, but on my list of jobs to do. Open VLC is a good find.