Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X5M exhaust upgrade options please

Mavster

X5M exhaust upgrade options please

Post by Mavster » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:36 am

I just bought an X5M and want to get a better SVR type of exhaust sound drama from it. I dont want it to sound deeper, just to have more of a bark and rip to its sound. Pops and crackles instead of farts would also be nice. Can anyone help who has done this research previously on the best option to get. A valve option would be required, without drone being present in the cabin. Other than that the car is a complete animal, the ride is not as hard as I expected which is nice.

Thank you :thumbsup:

max

Re: X5M exhaust upgrade options please

Post by max » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:36 pm

Nice to see another X5M owner posting here.....its quite a rare thing!

Pictures of your new X5M please

Re the exhaust, 'Sport+' mode results in the existing exhaust valves being open all the time, however you may not want to drive in 'Sport+' all the time, so you can either purchase a valve controller unit (which means you can have the valves open in any driving mode you choose) or you could unplug the valve controllers (by the exhaust) once open, to stay open all the time which ever driving mode you are in.

Unfortunately BMW do not offer a M Performance exhaust similar to what you can get for the M2/3/4, so if you are thinking of changing exhaust, you'll need to go with one of the big providers like Akrapovic, Fi or I think Hamman do a full exhaust aswell but they are £££'s.

You've got resonator delete option for a bit more vocal sound but if its pops and crackles, electronic wizardry seems to be the way forward with options like BootMod3 where you can personalise lots of setting to your own requirements.

I hope that helps

A couple of pictures of my X5M which is just about to go up for sale in case anybody maybe interested...... :)

d side.jpg
d side.jpg (195.98 KiB) Viewed 2245 times
exhaust 2.jpg
exhaust 2.jpg (162.77 KiB) Viewed 2245 times

Waka

Post by Waka » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:31 am

Hello from another X5M owner. :driving:

I don't have one but have heard good news about the akrapovic exhausts. Not cheap though!
https://www.akrapovic.com/en/car/produc ... earId=5056

max

Post by max » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:19 pm

Akra is the :trampoline: but some serious £££s

Let's see some pics of your car Waka, are you enjoying the M?

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:37 pm

I've got an 02 E53 4.4 done just over 100K still going strong, I invested in a secondhand Eisenmann stainless exhaust a few years back, cost in the region of £700(less than half new price) I think there is a picture of in my history somewhere.
It gives a lovelly noteand looks great.

Lez