Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

ULEZ & WBAC.COM

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

ULEZ & WBAC.COM

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:48 am

I was reading on tinternet how since the new ULEZ zone there's been a surge in deisel sales on the like of WBAC.

I wont comment on the Londom Mayors imposition of this measure, but WBAC need to consider a name change i think. For fun/curiosity i put my older VW details into it, and there was no bid based on its age. Whereas what that really means is, its old, its deisel we dont want to buy it.

So not WBAC anymore then.😀

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

ULEZ & WBAC.COM

Post by Leslie » Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:26 pm

Any diesel pre 2016 is now virtually worthless in those areas im surprised they didn't even offer scrap value which is what they do if they don't want it. I feel sorry for the people who have those cars now as they are stuck with them .

Greydog

ULEZ & WBAC.COM

Post by Greydog » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:02 am

I was under the impression that the ULEZ regs require Diesels to be Euro 6 compliant
I think the media have confused the issue by quoting 2015 or later BMW have been producing Euro 6 compliant diesels since 2012 as have many other manufacturers

Or has some thing changed I have missed something

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

ULEZ & WBAC.COM

Post by X5Sport » Thu Aug 31, 2023 9:43 am

I think the bit the press keep missing is that diesels need to be Euro 6 (as above) and that generally means 2015 or later. BMW were early adopters of many of the EU specs, so earlier registered vehicles could well be compliant. Neither my X6 or HRH’s E46 meet the regs though, but then I avoid going anywhere near London, and the M25 is outside the ‘Zone’ (for now!).
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

ULEZ & WBAC.COM

Post by Leslie » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:39 am

They had to comply by law to be sold after 2015 earlier cars will be a grey area and if it doesn't state on the logbook then its not compliant. It seems some cars already made could be sold that didn't meet the specs. . Either way the value of those cars is likely to nosedive as all people are hearing is 2016.