Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Homelink built in remote

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Homelink built in remote

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:18 am

Anyone else have this feature?

Mine has never worked as the garage door has a rolling code motor. BMW were of no help, but recently i found a US YouTube clip that makes it seem relatively straightforward to program the cars system after all. I've owned the car for some time now and never got it to work. As soon as i can access the motor to see if it has a 'learn switch', I'll be trying the US suggestions.

Curious in the meantime if i am alone regarding this?

Greydog

Homelink built in remote

Post by Greydog » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:12 am

The E53 4.6is has Homelink and I tried for ages to get the car and door to communicate with no luck what so ever. BMW Dealer suggested the door has the wrong motor I interpreted that as "the door manufacturer got wrong not BMW" so just use a remote kept in the car. My E70 doesn't have the feature so just use the remote anyway

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Homelink built in remote

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:34 am

I had Homelink in my E53 as well, I also had a rolling code motor on the previous property garage door and i gave up on it. However, this link suggests it can be sorted easily

I've yet to try it, as the car iis still mothballed until next week, but this is the YT link.

https://youtu.be/lkT9fYj-Vpw?si=wBR8mQ4JKM3lsn7-

Greydog

Homelink built in remote

Post by Greydog » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:36 pm

Thats really interesting when I get the 4.6 out of store I will give this a go so it may be Easter before a reply is coming

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Homelink built in remote

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:07 pm

Another owner who stores his X 😀. My current focus is on re-importing my old Touareg, somewhat tedious, which probably means the X6 will remain redundant going forward. Its going to see daylight next week though when its at the dealership for replacement of trim sections damaged during the airbag recall.

I'll try the YT process while i can access the motor. 🙂

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Homelink built in remote

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:49 am

I got access to the door motor yesterday, and there are no buttons denoted as 'learn', as per the YT link. I found an online manual, but i'm not confident of messing with it without full knowledge.

The motor is from Foresee, a Chinese brand, I’ve emailed them for help, but based on similar past enquiries i won't hold my breath.

Greydog

Homelink built in remote

Post by Greydog » Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:22 pm

My door and door motor came from Hormann in Germany I know that doesn't mean it wasn't made in Taiwan, China or Korea then boxed and badged by the seller
Mine has a PRG button when pushed 00 shows then using up or down keys to the relevant program to accept/learn a new controller prg 11 for mine. Push PRG again 11 flashes if a new controller is then activated its LED's will flash red/blue when the 11 flash's rapidly push PRG again job done. Lost track of the hours I tried to get the E53's Homelink to play nicely with the door Motor :D

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Homelink built in remote

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:28 pm

My previous system was a Hormann, i don't think that had a learn button though.

No response yet from China on my query.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Homelink built in remote

Post by sapphireblack » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:24 pm

Several emails later to Forematic in China, owners of the Foresee brand, response, nil ☹️