Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

SIDE LIGHT BULB

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
deno 1

SIDE LIGHT BULB

Post by deno 1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi folks...... after my last visit to the stealership and getting stung i thought id run this past you guys. Got a warning saying check parking lights on the display by the speedo. so i have and when side lights are on, the nearside front one does not come on but the indicator lights up constantly???????????? the car is still under warranty but the stealers say bulbs aint included(not bothered) and a replacement side light bulb is needed and is £20+fitting+vat???????? this is because its a special bulb that comes in a special unit??????? just seems a lot for a bulb?????????

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: SIDE LIGHT BULB

Post by Sanj » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:17 pm

Are you talking about the angel eyes/halo lights? If so, have a look at this thread, you can DIY and if you like, upgrade to the LED type:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1219&p=13523&hilit=light#p13523
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

deno 1

Re: SIDE LIGHT BULB

Post by deno 1 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:35 pm

nice one sanj