Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

message on my clocks

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
ozzyhufc

message on my clocks

Post by ozzyhufc » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:13 am

can anyone tell me what this means SELFLEVEL SUSP .INACT my book says do not exceed 37mph and vist my nearest bmw dealer, but the car drive's fine with no problems, can i carry on driving it as i want to vist family this weekend.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: message on my clocks

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:15 am

Means what it says. Your rear air suspension has a fault, or may have. Sometimes the error code is false. I've seen it a number of times and it has never actually been faulty and clears next time the car is started. To check, take the key out and leave the car for 20 mins or so it might clear and not return. If it keeps coming back then it needs looking at and you do need to go into a dealer.

Mine used to show up when the battery was poor or if I started the car as soon as I put the key in, rather than turning to Pos2, waiting for long enough to put the seat belt on and then starting. Hopefully in your case it's a false flag too.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

fenj66

Re: message on my clocks

Post by fenj66 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm

ive had this message occasionally too, usually when i park on a funny camber and when i come back to the car later.
it always clears after a while with no further problems.
05 stirling grey 3.0d Auto. mods - park heater, reverse cam, aux in