Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

X3 Diesel Fuel Filter

Discuss anything to do with the (E83) BMW X3 here
(Older F25 discussion within will ideally to be moved to F25 Sub section below)
jagr

X3 Diesel Fuel Filter

Post by jagr » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

Hi All,

I bought my X3 last September from an independent dealer. They promised to do a 40k service (as it had 42k).

Last week a mate who has had an X3 2.5 petrol for the last 6 years part ex'd his for an X3 2.0D.

As he was doing a service on his I thought I would do mine as well and I am so glad I did. My oil and filter were not new (considering I have only done 3k since purchase), Fuel filter was the original as it was stamped 09/06 (mine was built Sep '06, pollen filter and air filter had definitely seen better days.

Makes me mad that dealers don't do what they say and then wonder why they aren't trusted.

When doing my mates his fuel filter said 06/05 and his was built Jun '05.

Now my mini rant is over the point of this thread was does know one change the fuel filters?

Cheers
2011 BMW X3 30d M Sport

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: X3 Diesel Fuel Filter

Post by X5Sport » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:58 pm

I don't remember seeing it on any of the services my 2004 X5 had up to 53k, so maybe it's done a lot later?

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

jagr

Re: X3 Diesel Fuel Filter

Post by jagr » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:35 pm

Cheers Richard.

I have today fitted the vortex oil breather and new air filter.
While doing it I decided to clean the EGR, so glad I did as it was caked in hard crud.
I got all the heavy stuff off the erg and the front of the manifold but will do a proper job zoo when I replace the swirl flaps.

It really makes me wonder what the point of full service history is for.
2011 BMW X3 30d M Sport