Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Hi everyone, Please help!!!!

Introduce yourself, (and post a photo if you have one).
Matty23

Post by Matty23 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:38 pm

I've had to jump start my X5 (52reg 3.0 d se) and have since noticed that the comms screen has changed language (German I think) and the digital dash board info has disappeared. Has this happened to anyone before?, and if so do you know how to sort the problem? Any feedback would be most grateful.

Regards.........Matty.

ITBarbie

Post by ITBarbie » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:18 pm

When there are issues of thus nature you need to disconnect the battery and leave it for a while. I think the guys and gals on here said 15-30 mins but I will let others go definitive on this. For some reasons battery issues do strange things but I truly believe this will sort it. When I had my battery messed with I got all manner or screen weird errors until it was reset :-)

Please don't worry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2004 Sapphire Black 3.0d SE
MODS
Intravee with KCA, Xennons, Folding Mirrors (enabled with Intravee), Sport Wheels 19's, DVD Headrests, updated SAT NAV, Voice Recognititon with TV in Motion enabled with Resler a

AW8
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Hi everyone, Please help!!!!

Post by AW8 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 am

Sorry cant elaborate but can comnfirm what Penny said has been prior tried & tested with positive results...........Dont have a nosebleed if it doesnt sort it immediately these cars have losts of electerics & have been known to silk before behaving again.
Gone - 2002 E53 X5 4.4i Sport (Pre Facelift) Owned 2006-2016.

Site & Forum Admin Team Member.