Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Something leaking?

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
tombs

Something leaking?

Post by tombs » Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:53 am

Ive noticed on the front left side of the X5 possibly PS fluid or oil leaking down onto the suspension arm of the front left wheel. Above this I think all the pipes run for the power steering fluid etc and there is a small header tank for ATF but all seems topped up, any one had a similar issue or have an opinion on the pictures?

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Something leaking?

Post by X5Sport » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:06 am

Are your PAS pipes 'wet' anywhere close to the couplings? It is not unknown for these hoses to weep fluid although yours looks like it's dripping from the pictures. If the PAS fluid level is OK, has an oil change been done recently, in which case some may have been spilt? No pool on the ground I take it?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

tombs

Post by tombs » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:52 am

Thanks X5Sport for the reply, I'm not sure cant quite see will get under the car again and take another look. Oil was changed last August and there isnt a pool on the ground either...will investigate further.

tombs

Post by tombs » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Looks like its coming from the bottom of the ATF tank, see bottom right of pic, but its not going down so it can wait until I get the front off to replace the parking senors.