Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

So ULEZ is not our only punishment

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:33 pm

As if the above wasnt bad enough (yes i know the reasons, health!). There's more coming.

I've read subsequently that more than one council /car park authority is planning to add a surcharge to deisel drivers/owners using certain car park facilities.

I'm tempted to launch into expletives, given not so long ago we were encouraged by government to buy diesel powered vehicles. We are all now totally demonised, as we know.

So councils et al are now looking at even more reasons to be money grabbing barstewards by imposing another surcharge. Its ironic (to me) that if we miraculously converted to electric overnight, these money grabbing (expletive) would then be getting FA, but only until they dredged up another excuse to penalise the motor car owner.

I think its time to copy the French, get off of our derrieres, and block Whitehall or other and let the so called powers that be know, we've had enough. Sadiq would want to relieve us of even more money of course by venturing into London in our killer cars, but if we all refused to pay 🤔

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:18 pm

Bath……the place, not you needing one :D

I had to drive 90 odd miles to Guildford Hospital, Surrey today on the M25 which was an absolute mare and then the M3 got closed which removed my fall-back route. 80 minute delay could have been mitigated by a route cutting off the western side of the M25 except…..it’s partly in the ULEZ. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:31 pm

I'm beggining to run out of expletives at what its like living in the UK now.

In Greece my 'dirty' Touareg costs me €840 pa road tax. But thats it aside from private 'entrepreneurs' trying hard to steal my euros, but these can of course be avoided, unlike government.