Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Seething and downright angry

Discuss ideas for improving and developing this forum
sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:04 pm

I've no hesitation to name Arden BMW regarding my following words.

Airbag recall today so thought what the hell do the MOT a month early and the car had said brake fluid which morphed into a small service.

Including the MOT, £608 for my work. Prophet of doom video from the techie highlighting some underbody surface rust and front discs and pads next time around and the plates behind the discs are compromised in some way though lord knows how, the discs are original so never been off.

I asked if service the book was correctly notated, it wasnt but they did it in a hurry and i left. Got into some sunshine about a ¼ mile from the dealership and noticed several scratches on the decor trim either side of the gear lever console, AND, the perspex front of the gear leaver is crazed as it been squashed/compressed at a guess. Turn around, back to the dealerhip to complain. Thats in hand. Got home and checked the service book and brake fluid has an X against it which was part of the original visit and a small service.

Greeks have a word for this, 'Malakas'. We of course, have the same meaning in our well known equivalent word.

For what we have to pay these dealerships, I'd sack at least four staff in the workshop.. Beyond frustrating and ready to chin anyone when i drop jn again tomoro to get the service book sorted and to progress my damage complaint.

StuBeeDoo

Post by StuBeeDoo » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:36 pm

I think a complaint to BMWUK would be in order. :(
October 2012 build X3 30d SE, Bluewater.  Now with Webasto sunroof and paddle-shift   8)

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:15 pm

To use an expression i truly dislike. If i meet with any negatives tomorrow, i will "escalate it" to BMW UK.

I usually find escalation means FA in reality though.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:02 pm

No justification at all for damaging a vehicle, let alone hoping no one would notice!

On my X6 the service book doesn’t get done as it’s all in the iDrive (CIC), but again that and not doing the brake fluid is inexcusable and shows a lack of care (or interest!).

The brake backing plates on mine were flagged a year ago…and part of one has fallen off, but this time around nothing said on the sheet or the video!

BMW GB will probably hem and haw but do nothing. At least that;s been my experience. A ‘robust’ conversation with the then Dealer Principal when Service ballsed up my E53 a few years back did work and the charge was cancelled.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:13 pm

I'm back to my second home 24th and i like to clean my car before storage. No point in fussing though if theyre going to pull the centre console about immediately i return next year. Time now to invoke my favourite word, hindsight. Wish I'd not done any of this now, recall included. It could have waited until next year in my case.

Malakas 😡😡

Leslie
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Leslie » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:20 pm

There is little riveted plate tends to fall of the front disc backplates when the rivets fail.fell of mine a while back no big deal :thumbsup:

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:58 pm

Well, 48hrs working time since i flagged the cosmetic damage to my car, and I've heard nothing. If i dont hear by tomorrow, I'm going to BMW UK before i depart the UK again. Disappointment and frustration grows.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:12 pm

I've just sent an email to BMW. Not even a courtesy call today is poor service indeed.

Guns are drawn!!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:22 am

IMG_2800.jpeg
IMG_2800.jpeg (146.44 KiB) Viewed 23306 times
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:44 pm

Well, having waited patiently for a dealership response since the 14th, i learned that A. BMW UK didnt get my email 🤔 and B.the customer services manager at Arden BMW Maidstone, also responsible for the Tunbridge Wells branch knew nothing whatsoever of this situation.

Words fail me.😡

Greydog

Post by Greydog » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:03 am

Had a very similar situation with Mercedes spoke to the Dealer Service Manager who asked me to email some pictures, no response more telephone calls with me becoming angrier and angrier and resending the original mail several times. Eventually after a confrontation in the showroom the Dealer explained that he was told their email system did not accept emails with attachments ??? Why ask for pictures in the first place

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:54 am

I've not long finished a lengthy chat with the appropriate person at their Maidstone branch. Polite, helpful and understanding, but who had no prior knowledge of this situation from the 14th :o

I'm optimistic this will be resolved when I'm back in the UK

lezmtaylor

Post by lezmtaylor » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:30 am

What is the betting the ''appropriate person'' has left before you return !!

Lez

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:46 am

Waiting on a written undertaking at the moment. Theyll incur serious wrath if its not in my hands by tomorrow.

sapphireblack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by sapphireblack » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:08 pm

Okey dokey. Arden have stepped up and have confirmed in writing they will address the issues when I'm back in the UK in January. New side console trims and the repair kit for the gear lever. I was aware the wood trims were over $300 each way back when. Doubtless much more now.

An expensive fix for Arden, even at trade prices for carelessness.